Latest Version 1.0.46 - Hotfix

Posted on
Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:48 am
Chameleon offline

Latest Version 1.0.46 - Hotfix

Hi all

I've released version 1.0.46 which contains an important fix regarding distance calculations and ranges. I recommend updating immediately.

You can download and install the latest version from this link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtnxa5ssxvroga2/iFindStuff.zip?dl=0

What's new in version 1.0.46?

F/B75 - Ranges are not being managed correctly in Metric or Imperial units. Range is entered in ft or metres but compared with Miles and Kilometres. This was caused by an incorrect Geo Distance calculation which has now been corrected.

NOTE: Ranges are measured in Metres for Metres or Metric units and Feet for Imperial Units. Please keep this in mind when setting range values for GeoFences.

The following states are impacted:

deviceGeoDistance now shown in Metres or Feet depending on the units chosen

distanceHome is displayed in Metres, KiloMetres or Miles depending on your unit setting

deviceDistanceDisplay and deviceHomeDistanceDisplay are unaffected by the change

deviceAccuracy is shown in Metres or Feet depending on the units selected.

realDistanceHome is unaffected

There are no other changes in this version. Thanks to snowjay for spotting the error :D

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:16 am
rapamatic offline

Re: Latest Version 1.0.46 - Hotfix

At least looking at my setup, it still seems like the "range of geolocation" field for the geolocation devices is still using meters. For example, my home geofence has a range of 50 (meters, I think), but my wife's phone is shows as being in geo range, despite being 70 feet away, per the devicegeodistance field. Also, on the maps, the circles drawn to show the geofence area seem to be using meters as well...

Posted on
Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:19 pm
Chameleon offline

rapamatic wrote:
At least looking at my setup, it still seems like the "range of geolocation" field for the geolocation devices is still using meters. For example, my home geofence has a range of 50 (meters, I think), but my wife's phone is shows as being in geo range, despite being 70 feet away, per the devicegeodistance field. Also, on the maps, the circles drawn to show the geofence area seem to be using meters as well...

I'll be doing a full review in the morning. I think the maps radius is a Google limitation but I'll see what I can do.

Mike

Posted on
Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:11 am
TOPS offline

Morning Mike,

All was running well until 5 minutes ago, Im getting the error as below....sorry

Cheers,

Dave

iFindStuff Failed to calculate bearing numbers or update correctly - advise Developer
iFindStuff Failed to calculate bearing numbers or update correctly - advise Developer
iFindStuff Setting up the Custom API...
iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Derek's iPad -0.45260291598
iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Derek's iPad 51.5485824672
iFindStuff Failed to calculate bearing numbers or update correctly - a

Posted on
Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:59 am
Chameleon offline

TOPS wrote:
Morning Mike,

All was running well until 5 minutes ago, Im getting the error as below....sorry

Cheers,

Dave

iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Derek's iPad -0.45260291598
iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Derek's iPad 51.5485824672
iFindStuff Failed to calculate bearing numbers or update correctly - a

Sorry for the delay in replying Dave. I'll look at the problem tomorrow. I've been working on my RGBW Dimmer plugin today - I've badly neglected some users :oops:

Have you added a geofence because this looks like an issue with the values in the geofence latitude and longitude. Is there a space or another odd figure in one of them. I'd inactive each of the geofences in turn to see if the error goes away.

If that doesn't work then can you put on the first three debug options and send me the resulting log.

I'll look at it in the morning :D

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:28 am
TOPS offline

Hi Mike,

More errors to be going on with.....sorry

Regards,

Dave

Schedule Time 2
iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Lewis (iPhone 5c) -0.442368350923
iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Lewis (iPhone 5c) 51.5422686702

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:22 am
Chameleon offline

TOPS wrote:
Hi Mike,

More errors to be going on with.....sorry

Regards,

Dave

Schedule Time 2
iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Lewis (iPhone 5c) -0.442368350923
iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Lewis (iPhone 5c) 51.5422686702

Dave

You'll notice that there's a new version available 1.0.49 (see http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=14853. This version provides additional information on Bearing & Compass calculations as they are completed which should help us identify the issue for you. Looking at the code there was an omission that it wasn't trapping a corrupt device latitude or longitude (either user or Apple API generated) or similar for a Home GeoFence. Any other these issues would cause the error you we're seeing.

The additional information is provided on the first Debug Option. I recommend that you switch on option first and send me a copy of the log. Although this code may resolve your issue it's effectively bypassing the problem and I'd like to identify why it's happening hence a copy of the log would be really useful even if it's working ok.

If I can see the problem from the log I can get the plugin to notify the user and, if possible, self repair.

Thanks as usual for testing and keeping in touch...

Mike

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:20 am
TOPS offline

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting back to me, I think it may have sorted itself out with the update, the log is telling me that there is a problem with Two of my devices, these two devices have not been turned on for over a week, I bet when I get home and turn the two devices on the error will go....fingers crossed

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:36 am
Chameleon offline

TOPS wrote:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting back to me, I think it may have sorted itself out with the update, the log is telling me that there is a problem with Two of my devices, these two devices have not been turned on for over a week, I bet when I get home and turn the two devices on the error will go....fingers crossed

Cheers,

Dave

Or deactivate them :D I'd like to know if it does resolve the issue because I can trap the issue out

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:20 pm
TOPS offline

Hi Mike,

Crossing the fingers worked :D , turned on the two devices and Bingo!! recognised on the network, Plugin picked them up and all errors have gone away......hope this helps with Bug Squashing

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:56 pm
Chameleon offline

TOPS wrote:
Hi Mike,

Crossing the fingers worked :D , turned on the two devices and Bingo!! recognised on the network, Plugin picked them up and all errors have gone away......hope this helps with Bug Squashing

Cheers,

Dave

Sure will:)

Page 1 of 1