Latest version of iFindStuff - 1.0.36

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:44 am
Chameleon offline

Latest version of iFindStuff - 1.0.36

Hi all

I introduced some new errors on the last release :roll: . Thanks for the updates from everyone - it really does help me find the issue. I've resolved most of the problems I think. I've also added some requested changes/features that I've outlined in the release notes below:

You can download the latest version (1.0.36) of iFindStuff from this address:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtnxa5ssxvroga2/iFindStuff.zip?dl=1

What's new in version 1.0.36?

Same as version 1.0.35 except corrected configuration screen to read iPhone Maps instead of both options reading iPad maps... thanks TOPS!

B64 - "Too many queries" fix included a new bug :roll: apologies for that but it was getting late and it'd had been a long day and.... Anyway - with a bit of research I found the issue that caused updates to stall on all devices and now the functionality I described last time actually works. I could blame lots of things but there was a use case that I don't operate in the normal day to day running of the plugin and I forgot to test it - sorry :oops:

B65-Error 'holidayFrequency' not found in Dict occurs in version 1.0.30. Correct, I hadn't initialised all of the variables correctly so unless a device was actually edited this field would not exist. Fixed. BTW - if you find another issue of this type you can normally resolve it by editing & saving the configuration for a device. It's a poor workaround as I should have fixed it so let me know the issue and I'll fix it asap.

B66 - '[DEVICE UNIQUE ID]' not found in Dict. This was a strange bug that actually isn't a problem if it's trapped properly. There are times when a device doesn't show up in the report from Find My Phone (it's offline or out of signal) so we ignore it until the next refresh. Fixed. (Actually this was resolved in 1.0.20 so please update to the latest software if you get an issue as I may have already fixed it)

F35 - Feature requested to allow explicit activation and deactivation of devices from iFindStuff actions rather than a toggle action. Four new iFindStuff commands have been added for Action Groups which will either Activate or Deactivate Geos or Devices. The Toggle action remains for those that use it but it will be depreciated.

F36 - Ability to initiative Activation and Deactivation of devices as a priority generating recalculation of results and status automatically on actioning F35 or the menu option. This has now been added

F37 - Ability to generate different map resolutions for iPhone and iPad. This has now been included in the iFindStuff configuration (pluginPrefs). You can select iPad Maps and/or iPhone Maps. One checking the appropriate checkbox(es) you will be presented with the opportunity to provide a resolution for the static map. Note that the maximum size for a free Google Static Map is 640/640. You can select one, both or neither option for map generation. All other functionality remains the same. iPad Maps will be given the prefix IPAD[DEVICENAME].jpg the names of iPhone files remain the same as previous version (so that you don't have to rename all of the Refreshing URLs that you've already set up for iPhone control pages)

F38 - Ability to force a map & device update for a single device (not all devices as now). This has been included as an iFindStuff action Refresh a map which will request a single device. Refresh all maps remains. Note that this functionality means that you can include map refresh in a Schedule Action Group to update maps for use on control pages. If you uncheck Automatic Maps in the iFindStuff Configuration (pluginPrefs) you can still generate maps using the iFindStuff commands instead. The maps generated (iPad/iPhone) are determined by the options settings in the iFindStuff configuration

Please keep in mind that some fields are only revealed if the appropriate checkbox is checked (e.g. check iPad Maps and then the fields for map size and zoom will open) or you may need to scroll the configuration dialog as some of the screens are getting quite big now and you're only allowed to have one in Indigo.

I'm going to update the manual this weekend and continue some forensic testing to stabilise this release fully but feel free to contact me with issues, errors or updates you'd like to see,

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:12 pm
TOPS offline

Re: Latest version of iFindStuff - 1.0.35

HI MIKE,

Great work, one little issue I've spotted re F37 you have the same text for iPad Maps, see screenshot

Cheers,

Dave
Attachments
Screenshot 2015-10-02 18.59.03.png
Screenshot 2015-10-02 18.59.03.png (453.61 KiB) Viewed 1941 times

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:20 pm
Chameleon offline

Re: Latest version of iFindStuff - 1.0.35

TOPS wrote:
HI MIKE,

Great work, one little issue I've spotted re F37 you have the same text for iPad Maps, see screenshot

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave - I've uploaded 1.0.36 correcting this error :D

Good observation BTW for a Friday night (in the UK at least) :mrgreen:

Mike

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:26 pm
TOPS offline

Re: Latest version of iFindStuff - 1.0.36

happy to help.....hic.... :roll: :roll:

Posted on
Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:19 am
TOPS offline

Hi Mike,

All seems to be working ok/ but Im getting the errors below in the log, any ideas? something to do with the nest plugin???

Cheers,

Dave

File "plugin.py", line 589, in iRefreshDevices
File "plugin.py", line 1028, in updateDevice
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: can't multiply sequence by non-int of type 'float'

iFindStuff Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Error device "First Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key battery_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "First Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key co_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "First Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key smoke_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Ground Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key battery_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Ground Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key co_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Ground Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key smoke_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Landing Nest Protect (HOME)" state key battery_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Landing Nest Protect (HOME)" state key co_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Landing Nest Protect (HOME)" state key smoke_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Mobile Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key battery_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Mobile Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key co_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Mobile Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key smoke_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
iFindStuff Setting up the Custom API...
iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Dave (iPad Air) -0.442329935407
iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Dave (iPad Air) 51.5423173944
iFindStuff Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 3032, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 514, in iMapping
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: can't multiply sequence by non-int of type 'float'

iFindStuff Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Error email scan authentication fail

Posted on
Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:28 am
Chameleon offline

TOPS wrote:
Hi Mike,

All seems to be working ok/ but Im getting the errors below in the log, any ideas? something to do with the nest plugin???

Cheers,

Dave

Error device "First Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key battery_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "First Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key co_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "First Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key smoke_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Ground Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key battery_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Ground Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key co_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Ground Floor Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key smoke_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Landing Nest Protect (HOME)" state key battery_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Landing Nest Protect (HOME)" state key co_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Landing Nest Protect (HOME)" state key smoke_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Mobile Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key battery_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Mobile Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key co_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
Error device "Mobile Nest Protect (20 Kew Green)" state key smoke_alarm_bool not defined (ignoring update request)
iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Dave (iPad Air) -0.442329935407
iFindStuff Device update (l/l):Dave (iPad Air) 51.5423173944
iFindStuff Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 3032, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 514, in iMapping

Error email scan authentication fail

Dave

Good afternoon Dave - thanks as ever :D

The first error:

Was caused by a missing "." in the device definition. I've updated the definitions and it shouldn't be a problem now - sorry :oops: I miss these things occasionally and it's only appeared in your log because you're using Imperial units and I wasn't. Anyway - I've fixed it and added Imperial Units to my regression testing. You can download the latest version (1.0.37) from the forum announcement: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=14795

The second is a Nest Error and it's because your not using the latest version 2.0.20..

There is a new version of NEST Home that you need to download and install. You can get the latest version from here. I'd never thought to trap that particular scenario but I will in the next version after the hotfix. In the meantime you should upgrade your NEST Home from this forum:

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=14720

If that doesn't solve the problem let me know but I'm fairly confident it will :D

Thanks for the bug fix :D

Regards

Mike

Page 1 of 1