Latest Version 1.0.30 - Bug fixes and improved address mgt

Posted on
Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:45 pm
Chameleon offline

Latest Version 1.0.30 - Bug fixes and improved address mgt

Hi all

An outstanding issue has been the "Too many queries" for address look up that some users have suffered. This is due to the limited number of accesses to the API that are allowed per day by Google. I'm sourcing other providers at the moment (and hope to announce in the next few days) but until then I've implemented a logic fix.

You can download the latest version (1.0.30) of iFindStuff from this address:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtnxa5ssxvroga2/iFindStuff.zip?dl=1

What's new in version 1.0.30?

B49 - "Too many queries" against devices - I've decided to implement a simple trap to limit the number of accesses made to the Google Reverse GeoFence API that has caused the "Too Many Queries" issue. Simply put, if a device hasn't actually moved since the last update there seems no point working out a new address. Of course there will be some movement between updates as the GPS system isn't 100% rock solid. But, if a device hasn't moved more than a few metres since the last update we can probably assume it's stationary.

By default iFindStuff assumes 20 m (or 20ft) movement is acceptable for a stationary device. You can fine tune this against each device using the new "Distance a device can move and still be stationary" option. The entry depends on what units you're using. If you're set on imperial then enter a trigger value in feet, otherwise use metres.

On testing I've found that this actually reduces my access to the API by over 70% with no loss of functionality. That seems a reasonable compromise until I can convince Bing that unlimited access for a few hundred users isn't going to kill their servers :D

B61 - Send message action doesn't send message to Master Account Device - Fixed

B62 - Inconsistent field display on Device Configuration Screen - Fixed

B63 - Typo's on device screen - fixed

B64 - Trigger names inconsistent and difficult to determine which is which - mitigated by changing some descriptions

Thanks for your support as ever - and the iPhone/iPad app is coming on :D

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:39 am
Londonmark offline

Re: Latest Version 1.0.30 - Bug fixes and improved address m

Hi Mike,

Something seems to have gone wrong in 1.0.30 for me at least:

iFindStuff Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 2987, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 1177, in nextUpdateCalc
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: key holidayFrequency not found in dict

iFindStuff Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Looks as if it's something to do with the holiday frequencies...

Mark

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:25 am
peteinau offline

Hi,

Again, thanks for your hard work, loving the plugin! I get a similar issue to Mark with the following error:

File "plugin.py", line 2944, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 312, in iMapping
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/iFindStuff.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyicloud/services/findmyiphone.py", line 78, in __getitem__
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: u'rowvzESz2vknJvx1Ydqkysuce4jQPX1I2dyJt/4CZ8aACChPcWNYceHYVNSUzmWV'

iFindStuff Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Thanks,
Pete

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:49 am
TOPS offline

Hi All,

Same here, I think Mike is working on something at the moment which may be causing the error.....

Cheers

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:51 am
Chameleon offline

Londonmark wrote:
Hi Mike,

Something seems to have gone wrong in 1.0.30 for me at least:

Looks as if it's something to do with the holiday frequencies...

Mark

Thanks Mark - you were right about the Frequencies - it's because I added a new field and it hadn't picked it up yet. I've trapped the error in version 1.0.35

I'll upload it later today...

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:55 am
Chameleon offline

peteinau wrote:
Hi,

Again, thanks for your hard work, loving the plugin! I get a similar issue to Mark with the following error:

File "plugin.py", line 2944, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 312, in iMapping
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/iFindStuff.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyicloud/services/findmyiphone.py", line 78, in __getitem__
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: u'rowvzESz2vknJvx1Ydqkysuce4jQPX1I2dyJt/4CZ8aACChPcWNYceHYVNSUzmWV'

Thanks,
Pete

Pete

This is an interesting error because that's been trapped out in the latest version. The reason it happens is because when Find My Phone went and looked for the device it couldn't find it (maybe offline or out of signal). That'a not a problem and the system ignores that error automatically. However, that was introduced a couple of versions ago. I suggest that you update to the latest version (1.0.36 will be out in about an hour) and see if you still have the same problem. I suspect not "D.... If you do I'll investigate more.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:57 am
Chameleon offline

TOPS wrote:
Hi All,

Same here, I think Mike is working on something at the moment which may be causing the error.....

Cheers

Yep - I was working hard to introduce new errors for me to fix apparently :D

I think I've sorted the issues so I'm going to release a new version (1.0.36) in a little while (about an hour).

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:54 pm
peteinau offline

HI Mike,

Totally forget one of the family had moved to a new phone (named the same tho), so I deleted the device and added it again and it works!

Thanks,
Pete

Posted on
Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:52 am
Chameleon offline

peteinau wrote:
HI Mike,

Totally forget one of the family had moved to a new phone (named the same tho), so I deleted the device and added it again and it works!

Thanks,
Pete

Cool - I've added extra trapping for that error as well.

Mike

Page 1 of 1