Latest Version 1.0.25 - Battery Options and Actions

Posted on
Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:19 pm
Chameleon offline

Latest Version 1.0.25 - Battery Options and Actions

Hi all

I've been looking seriously at improving battery life and I think I found a way to improve it with the new options I discussed in my last post I've also added new Actions that were requested.

You can download the latest version (1.0.25) of iFindStuff from this address:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtnxa5ssxvroga2/iFindStuff.zip?dl=1

What's new in version 1.0.25?

New Battery Options

There has been a lot of constructive discussion on battery life and some great ideas. I've now added a range of new options to a device configuration.

Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 19.53.41.png
New Configuration
Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 19.53.41.png (183.49 KiB) Viewed 1725 times

Battery override: If your device is charging you can now tell iFindStuff to update at the normal rate regardless of any other option. Just check 'Revert to Normal Frequency when charging'

Stationary Mode: This option now actually does something :D. If you select this option you'll have the opportunity to indicate three parameters - Speed (How fast is stationary? The units are based on whatever your using mph or kmh. I'm using 1mph as a guide and that's worked quite well), Time - how many seconds must a device be stationary to be considered stationary (in seconds) and Update frequency when it is stationary)

Home Mode: Select this option and the device will reduce updating frequency when you're in your home geo. You can also set a Time range for when this happens.

Time Range Fields - there are a number of time range fields that you can access with these options. They all have the format HH:MM-HH:MM and iFindStuff enforces it. You need to use the 24 hour clock. The first HH:MM refers to the start of the range and the second to the end of the range. If the field is blank or you type "00:00-00:00" then it has no restrictions. Note that if it sees that you're end time is earlier than your start time it assumes that the end time is the following day. This allows you to have 23:00-06:00 and iFindStuff realises what your trying to do.

Night Mode - Now reduces updating at night. If you add a time range it will work between those hours. If you don't it assumes sunset to sunrise

Scheduled saving periods - You can now set up to 3 scheduled times for reducing update periods. They will all adopt the same frequency if you do. The date ranges work in exactly the same way as the others.

Respect Power Saving Geos - This option now works correctly. If your device is in a Power Saving Geo (set in the configuration for a GeoFence) then it will use the frequency in the field below. Note that you can also set a time range for this option as well.

Holiday mode - This option will set updates to a new frequency if you more than a set distance (in miles or kilometres) away from your home geo.

I've been testing these for the last 24 hours but I know that you'll find somethings that don't quite work how you expect or you'd like something slightly different - let me know how you get on. Don't forget that some of these fields may require you to scroll the configuration dialog to see them or you may need to check an item before the other fields are revealed :D

New Actions

There are a few new actions. You can get an idea of what they do from the forum post about What Settings people are using....

The new actions are:

Toggle Active or Inactive on a Device - an action that allows you to set a device active or inactive. It works like a toggle when it's called

Toggle GeoFence Active or Inactive - an action that allows you to set a geofence active or inactive

Toggle use variable as update frequency for a device - each device now has a variable (under the folder iFindStuff Variables) that can be used to control the update frequency. These variables are created automatically and you can update them as usual. If you toggle the use variable as update frequency it will change between calculating the update frequency or using your value in the appropriate variable.

That's all for this update. I'll try an upload a new manual with all of these options tomorrow. For now - I'm off to eat team.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:11 am
Chameleon offline

Latest Version 1.0.26 - Minor Bug Fixes Battery Option, Acti

Hi all

The latest version 1.0.26 can be downloaded from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtnxa5ssxvroga2/iFindStuff.zip?dl=1

What's new in version 1.0.26?

Small bugfixes:

B67 - Error when deleting device - iDevName referenced before assignment. - Fixed

B68 - Erroneous messages in log (Distance and Distance Numbers) - removed and corrected

There have been no other updates to functionality in this release. Users are advised to update their plugins.

Best regards

Mike

Posted on
Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:24 pm
nev offline

Re: Latest Version 1.0.25 - Battery Options and Actions

Thanks again for another great update! The trigger actions are a great add, but I think I'd feel more confident using them if they weren't toggles and were simply two options so i knew what it was toggling to 100%. An example is the refresh rates, (variable vs iFindStuff default). I'd want to know i was setting it TO the variable or FROM it.

Posted on
Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:00 pm
Chameleon offline

nev wrote:
Thanks again for another great update! The trigger actions are a great add, but I think I'd feel more confident using them if they weren't toggles and were simply two options so i knew what it was toggling to 100%. An example is the refresh rates, (variable vs iFindStuff default). I'd want to know i was setting it TO the variable or FROM it.

Ok ... That's not a problem. Probably have something tomorrow

M

Posted on
Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:59 am
Chameleon offline

nev wrote:

This feature has been added to 1.0.36 that I'm releasing later today :D

Mike

Page 1 of 1