{LOCKED] iFindStuff Beta Testing Post

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:28 am
Chameleon offline

Re: iFindStuff Beta Testing Post

Shutter wrote:
Hi Mike,

Something maybe up with the latest beta. I wasn't seen a big increase in battery drain prior installing the new beta, which I did this morning. Just pulled out my iPhone to check something and noticed that the battery was at 10%.

Only other thing I did after installing the new beta was to turn on the Power Saving Geo option for the work geofence.

Simon

I haven't seen any evidence of increased battery drain but it might be that part of the programme. I'll look and report back. Keep an eye on it for me. A dump of the log with all debug options on would show us if there's an issue.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:50 am
Shutter offline

Sure thing. I can see how it goes this weekend and keep an eye on the battery. When would I turn the debug option on? Do I have to have the debug option on during the weekend to see what happens or only when I see a problem and save what it writes to the logs? I've disabled the plugin for now as I don't want to get caught with a drained phone this evening.

Posted on
Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:04 pm
Chameleon offline

Only when it causes an issue and you see battery life decreasing rapidly. Have a good night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:33 pm
peteinau offline

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to say loving the plugin, I really appreciate all your hard work :) This was the last piece for me to conslidate all my home automation gear onto Indigo.

The plugin has been working fine, although since 0.5.11 I've noticed that something isn't quite right, as my device shows up as being both in range and near at the same time, as per the the attached image. This is regardless of which geofence it goes in.
Attachments
IMG_5424.jpg
IMG_5424.jpg (87.17 KiB) Viewed 1752 times

Posted on
Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:57 am
Chameleon offline

peteinau wrote:
Hi Mike,

Just wanted to say loving the plugin, I really appreciate all your hard work :) This was the last piece for me to conslidate all my home automation gear onto Indigo.

The plugin has been working fine, although since 0.5.11 I've noticed that something isn't quite right, as my device shows up as being both in range and near at the same time, as per the the attached image. This is regardless of which geofence it goes in.

Pete

Actually that's what it's meant to do. Near means that this is the nearest GeoFence and Range means and it's in the GeoFence range. It's possible, especially with GeoFences very close to each other that a device could be in Range but it 's not the nearest GeoFence and the ranges overlap. It's unusual but I think that this way is more accurate.

For example:

Range Overlap.jpg
Overlapping Ranges
Range Overlap.jpg (303.16 KiB) Viewed 1725 times

So you can not only determine if a device is in a particular range (it's in both ranges in this example) but also determine which one it's closest to :D

Hope that helps.

I'm assuming that AU is Australia which is sooooo cool that the plugin is so widespread :D

Mike

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:49 am
Shutter offline

Hi MIke,

Just a quick follow up regarding the battery drain. Turns out Mail was gobbling up over 60+% of my battery usage.

Simon

Shutter wrote:
Something maybe up with the latest beta. I wasn't seeing a big increase in battery drain prior installing the new beta, which I did this morning. Just pulled out my iPhone to check something and noticed that the battery was at 10%.

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:08 am
TOPS offline

Hi Mike

Thanks for the fix, I will update everything later on today and let you know the outcome

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk