Extending the iTunes plugin

Forum rules

This is a legacy forum which is locked for new topics. New topics should be started in one of the other forums under Extending Indigo

Posted on
Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:30 pm
haseenalam offline

Extending the iTunes plugin

I have been using the new iTunes plugin to stream music from a Mac mini running iTunes to an AirPort Express that is connected to an amp and speakers. I also setup some keypad buttons to trigger simple AppleScripts to switch playlists and play, pause when buttons turn off, etc. I am able to switch between AirPort speakers as well. All of these seem to work well, and I should be able to do all the above through a page on Indigo touch as well.

Now I want to take it to the next level... I would like to be able to see my music library & playlists on Indigo touch, and switch to other songs/artists/albums etc. Has anyone done anything more advanced like that?

I just came across a PHP based web tool to view iTunes library, but I have not looked at the code yet. here is the link if anyone is interested, http://www.shoey.com/apps/itrc/

I would like to hear what others are doing with the iTunes module, and would appreciate if you can share some sample screens and scripts.

Thanks.

Haseen

Posted on
Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:38 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Extending the iTunes plugin

The iTunes plugin doesn't currently support playlists but it's something we'd like to add at some point in the future.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1