Small enhancement request

Forum rules

This is a legacy forum which is locked for new topics. New topics should be started in one of the other forums under Extending Indigo

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:16 pm
berkinet offline

Small enhancement request

When creating a new plugin defined device for which only one Model exists, it is still required to select that Model.

So, for the "future feature list" I'd like to see an optimization so that where there is only one menu option, that option is automatically selected. The same might apply to the Plugin: pulldown if only one plugin were enabled.

This is probably a very minor feature for users, but for a developer (at least this one) it might save a case of RSI :wink:

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Small enhancement request

Yep, noted. There are quite a few niceties I'd like to add to make the plugin UI more integrated into Indigo so that fewer clicks are required to drill down and get properties filled out. Not sure when that will happen, but it is on our list.

Posted on
Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:12 am
Juju offline

Another enhancement that would be useful is the possibility to have an UI for the menu items. It could be very useful to perform actions not directly linked to devices.
I work on a PLCBUS plugin, and this would allow me to lauch "utility" actions like scene management, signal strengh, ...

Posted on
Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:58 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yep - eventually we plan on allowing the plugin bundle to also contain a web server plugins which would allow you to implement web pages for your plugin that could do exactly that. No idea on when we'll get there though.

You can, of course, implement them now via the old IWS plugin mechanism - it would just require that your IWS plugin get installed separately from your plugin bundle. Downside is the API for those plugins is different (not the IOM) so it would require learning yet another API.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1