Denon Receiver control plugin?

Forum rules

This is a legacy forum which is locked for new topics. New topics should be started in one of the other forums under Extending Indigo

Posted on
Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:03 am
majortom offline

Denon Receiver control plugin?

Anyone working on a Denon Receiver control plugin? The new xx12 models are pretty nice (Ethernet control quite low in the line, Airplay on many of them). It would be great to be able to integrate this with Indigo.

Posted on
Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 am
Brandt offline

Re: Denon Receiver control plugin?

If they have AirPlay, you could use the AirFoil Plugin that is going to be released with the GA/GM release of Indigo 5

Indigo 7 w/ Dual-Band 2413U PLM
macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
2011 iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on
Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:23 am
majortom offline

AirPlay does not control the receiver, just allows content to be streamed to it. I need to control the power, source select, etc., and so I need an actual plug in.

Posted on
Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:30 am
eme jota ce offline

Plus one on wishing for a plugin for this.

FYI, we had a thread on this topic previously, trying to access the Denon's with built-in networking and server through CURL. A few of this forum's more talented members took a look and felt the Denon coding was a mess.

In the end, I was able to integrate limited Indigo control of a Denon 3311ci by assigning the Denon a static IP on the LAN, then using a GUI applescript generator to just click through the menus to execute a series of actions in response to an Indigo command or event.

A plugin would add so much more, like having Indigo track the status of the Denon and react to it, instead of just sending it commands.

Posted on
Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:38 am
majortom offline

eme jota ce wrote:
Plus one on wishing for a plugin for this.

FYI, we had a thread on this topic previously, trying to access the Denon's with built-in networking and server through CURL. A few of this forum's more talented members took a look and felt the Denon coding was a mess.

Why not use their telnet interface? They support the same commands from their serial protocol on their telnet port, and it seems it should be much easier to use.

Posted on
Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:24 am
eme jota ce offline

majortom wrote:
Why not use their telnet interface? They support the same commands from their serial protocol on their telnet port, and it seems it should be much easier to use.

Since this emoticon represents my head :| ... I have placed your quote way over it in this reply.
(I'm sure that's a good suggestion, but well beyond my capabilities. Thanks, though)

Posted on
Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:19 am
majortom offline

I am curious if anyone is working on a Denon receiver control plug-in.

Posted on
Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:57 am
jenkins007 offline

Plus another one for wanting a denon plug in. I've got the AVR-480CI unit.

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on
Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:01 am
Dewster35 offline

This would be nice to see. I'm going to be looking for a new receiver mid-end of the year and having this control could tip the scales to my choice... not just for Denon, but for any receiver out there that has the capability to be tied into.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:07 am
peppop offline

The Denon receivers are exolent fore net too way control.
And thay are economical the AVR-1912 around $450 and the AVR-2112ci $500.
You can control all receiver with the Denon app ore html ip in a web browser.
+ AirPlay, Internet radio.

Page 1 of 1