Stupid question about SQL Logger

Forum rules

This is a legacy forum which is locked for new topics. New topics should be started in one of the other forums under Extending Indigo

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:03 pm
Swancoat offline

Stupid question about SQL Logger

I've been running this for a while, letting it accumulate data, but now I want to LOOK at the data. How the heck can I do this?

I have Excel 2008, but it doesn't seem to have the ability to query a SQLite database directly. Is there a simple way to get this data into Excel?

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:28 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Stupid question about SQL Logger

I'd like to add some options to the plugin itself for extracting out comma delimited data, but that isn't in there yet. However, you can use the sqlite3 command line from the Terminal to get the information. Take a look at the example queries on the bottom of the plugin documentation page.

You'll likely want to do something like:

Code: Select all
cd /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 5/
sqlite3 -header -column indigo_history.sqlite "SELECT * FROM device_history_692773228;"

You can get the device ID needed by right-clicking on the device in Indigo. If you need comma delimited data, then take a look at this tutorial which may help.

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Stupid question about SQL Logger

I use SQLite Manager - $50 gets you a nice graphical app for managing and viewing SQLite databases.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1