Updated Beta2 test release for Zipato Devices

Posted on
Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 am
Chameleon offline

Updated Beta2 test release for Zipato Devices

Hi all

I've been working on stabilizing the plugin and integrating Zipato LED Bulbs into the system.

If you've had an error since the last update such as:
I'm releasing a new version 0.3.11 today but unless you want to test adding Zipato devices to your mix of LED controllers I don't recommend that you update at the moment. The update works fine on my system and I've completed regression testing but if there's no reason to upgrade I wouldn't bother until this functionality has been fully tested and corrected by Zipato users.

DISCLAIMER: Given the fact that I have no Zipato devices at all most of the coding and functionality is less tested than I would like and I'm relying on users to test it for me and highlight the errors. From that perspective you can see that installing this update when you don't need to is probably a bad idea :wink:

You can download the latest stable version (0.3.05) from this link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/3o7b91l1dxjjq2e/LED%20RGB%20Lights.zip?dl=1

If you'd like to test the new functionality listed below then download a Beta from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjuiq6z3erbmq23/Fibaro%20RGB%20Lights%20Beta2.zip?dl=1

If you want to try the Beta version and it doesn't work for you please download the stable version again and install. Indigo will ask if you want to downgrade and that's fine.

What's new in version 0.3.11?

Hotfix added - updated the name of the manufacturer from Ziparto to Zipato

F08: I'd like to add a different LED RGB Zipato Bulb to the plugin - is it possible?

This release is about trying to get the Zipato LED system integrated into the plugin. The Zipato device, when installed, creates a Device Group consisting of two devices - Master & Slave. The Master device controls the RGBW element and the Slave Device provides White Temperature illumination from 0-100. They can't both be active at the same time so the plugin manages the devices together to provide what a user requires.

When you add a device you're now asked if the device is Fibaro like (e.g. it has four additional devices Red, Green, Blue and White as well as Composite):

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 18.46.34.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 18.46.34.png (107.99 KiB) Viewed 2198 times

If you're adding a Zipato device you should uncheck the checkbox.

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 18.42.53.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 18.42.53.png (96.95 KiB) Viewed 2198 times

You'll now see a new dropdown for you to select a device. It will provide a list of compatible devices in this list. Don't be surprised if Fibaro devices appear in the list because they can also be added in this way. However, when you complete the process the plugin will automatically change the device type for you :D. When you select a Zipato LED Device the plugin will identify the Manufacturer (surprisingly Zipato) and the Slave Device.

That's it. You can now change the colour to what you want using the Preset or Custom options below.

Additional Features for Zipato users

A new menu option exists (Plugins/LED Manager) called Switch a Zipato Device to White Temperature. If you select this option a dialog will be presented where you can identify the Zipato device you want to change. If you don't have any Ziparto devices you won't be able to select anything :roll: When you select a Zipato device and Execute two things will happen. First the Master Device will be switched off, Second the Slave device will be activated. The colour temperature used will be whatever you've already configured for the device.

You'll also find that a new Action Group action exists, with exactly the same name, so you can change the status of the Ziparto bulb from within a Trigger, Schedule or Action Group.

I haven't found a way to change the parameter for White Temperature yet but I've asked Matt or Jay to help :D

Thanks for testing the new functionality - it is a proof of concept which I'm hoping to extend to other LED Devices if it works. I've been careful to develop 'drivers' based around manufacturers and models rather than hard coding. If you have an LED Device that you'd like to control that isn't Fibaro or Zipato then let me know. I'll need some information off you but it's easy to generate. Once I have it I'll develop a driver that you can use. I'm already looking at the Hue Plugin to bring those devices into the fold.

Thanks as ever for the support

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:05 am
haavarda offline

Re: Beta test release for Ziparto Devices

Hi Mike.
The RGBW bulb is manufactured by Zipato not Ziparto, Probably why it did not work before I left for work today :)

Håvard

Posted on
Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:52 am
Chameleon offline

Re: Beta test release for Ziparto Devices

haavarda wrote:
Hi Mike.
The RGBW bulb is manufactured by Zipato not Ziparto, Probably why it did not work before I left for work today :)

A stunning example of a lack of attention to detail :oops:

That's why I hate not having a bulb to test on - I nearly bought one yesterday to test against!

Try this new Beta2 version with Zipato as the name of the manufacturer. You're right - Ziparto wouldn't work in the code. Good start from me then :roll:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjuiq6z3erbmq23/Fibaro%20RGB%20Lights%20Beta2.zip?dl=1

Page 1 of 1