Diving into the plugin world!

Posted on
Tue May 19, 2015 1:51 pm
SpencerJRoberts offline

Diving into the plugin world!

Over the last couple years I've taught myself enough Python to get dangerous with Indigo, and I'm finally at the point where I feel comfortable building some plugins. I have no formal education in programming, but have learned a lot from you fine people on the forums, and of course, the internet. These plugins come from my own desire to make my setup easier to maintain and reducing the amount of Indigo variables I need to do complex things.

Here is an outline of my first few plugins that are in development right now:

Randomized Lighting:
A virtual device that defines which lights you want to use, and some parameters for randomized lighting while you are away from home.

Obsessive Sprinklers:
Virtual devices:
- Sprinkler Link: Treat multiple sprinkler devices as one device
- Master Sprinkler Group: Group all sprinkler devices to allow usage of "Smart Zone Actions"
- Sprinkler Schedule: Device that uses states to hold different desired schedule parameters (execution time, per-zone times).

Yamaha RX:
Communicate with Yamaha RX-Vxx receivers.

I will be on vacation until early next month, so I won't release anything until I get back. More details for each plugin will come then, with their own discussions. Stay tuned!

Posted on
Tue May 19, 2015 2:52 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Diving into the plugin world!

it is a deep hole you enter into .. only one way: further down .. it is all consuming ..
2 years ago I could still walk, now I have to roll with my chair to the bath room... stop before its too late ... :lol:

Posted on
Tue May 19, 2015 3:41 pm
SpencerJRoberts offline

Re: Diving into the plugin world!

kw123 wrote:
it is a deep hole you enter into .. only one way: further down .. it is all consuming ..
2 years ago I could still walk, now I have to roll with my chair to the bath room... stop before its too late ... :lol:

Haha! :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 1