Feedback, ideas and comments for iTravel

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:33 am
Chameleon offline

Feedback, ideas and comments for iTravel

Please post all feedback, ideas, motivational comments and feature requests here.

Thanks

Mike

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:18 am
aderrington offline

Re: Feedback, ideas and comments for iTravel

Is it possible to get a list of all departures from a particular station? And ideally then drill down to just have 1 platform of that station?
I ask as my local station Mottingham has trains that go to London Cannon Street but some are on a loop route so leave Cannon street go out of london and then return on another track, Which means that the timetable for Mottingham to Cannon street also adds in the trains that are going to Cannon street but also the ones that are heading out of town currently and they will get to Cannon street again, but not for another hour or more (its a 20 min journey in the right direction)

It would also be good to see all departures from a particular platform.

Hope that all makes sense. Let me know if now.
It's a great plug in and i'm looking forward to playing around with it.

Thank you!!

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:14 am
Chameleon offline

aderrington wrote:
Is it possible to get a list of all departures from a particular station? And ideally then drill down to just have 1 platform of that station?
I ask as my local station Mottingham has trains that go to London Cannon Street but some are on a loop route so leave Cannon street go out of london and then return on another track, Which means that the timetable for Mottingham to Cannon street also adds in the trains that are going to Cannon street but also the ones that are heading out of town currently and they will get to Cannon street again, but not for another hour or more (its a 20 min journey in the right direction)

It would also be good to see all departures from a particular platform.

Hope that all makes sense. Let me know if now.
It's a great plug in and i'm looking forward to playing around with it.

Thank you!!

Interesting - I'd noticed on some of the journeys from Waterloo they were circular and so appeared in results even though no one would take that train to get to say Cannon Street.

Circular routes
-------------------
Ignoring circular routes shouldn't be that difficult as the start and destination would be the same so I could probably come up with a flag/filter that would enable you to avoid those being displayed or used. I'll look at the current departure board to see what's displayed now. Then I might have some questions :)

Platforms
------------
In theory platform information is available for each service. It may not become available until just before the train arrives depending on circumstances. Some stations don't provide that information because they don't want passengers swapping around I suppose or complaining of re-platforming. So the answer to the question is maybe. What I could do is check the station to see if platform information is made available - if it is provide an option to filter on a specific platform in results as part of the configuration for that 'Travel' device. So for Farnborough I could allow users to filter on Platform 1 which means it would only display trains going to London Waterloo - or at least in that direction. So it depends on the station and the information they provide. I'll check. The question is 'How do we filter on trains going in a specific direction?' I'll think about that and look at your station as an example.

Future additions
---------------------
Just so your aware I've already tested creating other 'devices' for iTravel. These include: Driving route, Transit (Bus, Train, Walking...) route and a new Hybrid Route (which allows you to combine Train, Driving and or Transit routes into a single model. In each case they calculate the time based on current conditions against a perfect journey. At the moment I'm just thinking about how to display the information for the last one. These new devices should be available soon depending on testing and other commitments.

So I'll look into your requests and see what I can do for the next release later this week/weekend. I might send you a message to test some of those results to see if they match what you've in mind.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:20 am
aderrington offline

Sounds fantastic. Thanks for the very prompt reply.
Happy to try out or talk over any thing.
Cheers!
Andrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1