Back and ready to start again!

Posted on
Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:40 am
Chameleon offline

Back and ready to start again!

Dear all

Thanks for all of your notes of support. It's been a very busy period - not least because the UK has decided to leave the EU meaning that I've a lot of very worried clients who'd like some support changing their business models (and reducing costs) and getting it done quickly. Just as I was thinking - hmmmm I think I'll enjoy semi-retirement and spend more time doing what I really like doing (private tutoring for Maths GCSE->Uni) and some code development the world just changes around me. Not that I'm complaining - I enjoy working almost as much as the other things.

However, that's meant that I've spent precious little time with my indigo setup and neglected some of it's functionality.

There seem to be some common themes around the current issues with Nest Home. The humidity issue is one that I've been able to reproduce and I think that I'll be able to fix it (mainly because I have on my system but I need a way to make it easier for users). There have also been a few changes in the NEST API and I'll need to take those into account to get it working properly. I've read all of the messages that you've sent to me in the last month and I've pulled together a release plan to resolve each of them. I'll start with the obvious issues (log in, access to NEST API and humidity) first and then optimise the code over the coming days. I should have a release ready for the weekend and I'll write back to each of you individually with specific resolutions to your issues.

Many thanks for your patience

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:47 am
durosity offline

Re: Back and ready to start again!

Nice to see you back! Just FYI the whole brexit thing didn't happen, it's just a bad dream and we're going to wake up and moment now..... Any Moment.. ..... .................

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:45 am
Jpaction offline

Fantastic, with nest protect is there any way to get the motion/occupancy information, the humidity information. It would be great to be able to use this device for more than just fire and co2.

Posted on
Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:44 am
CBowles offline

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to say what a great piece of work! Your development efforts are greatly appreciated :D
I've noticed Nest have updated the software and the Away setting is now 'Eco'. https://nest.com/blog/2016/10/17/say-he ... peratures/
Will you be updating the plugin to accommodate this change?

Cheers,

C--

Posted on
Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:09 am
ZachBenz offline

Check out the "ECO Temperatures" thread for a homemade fix to the ECO issue: viewtopic.php?f=170&t=17011

ZachBenz's Plugins: RingForIndigo

Page 1 of 1