Re-Post - "Nest Home Master" - communication disabled

Posted on
Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:44 am
Nidocamen offline

Re-Post - "Nest Home Master" - communication disabled

Hello, I've just installed the plugin - it's great btw! - and it seems to be working well, I've been able to integrate its data and "actions" into my existing Indigo pages and action groups. But, I can't seem to get the Away status to change. The Away Status is controlled through the "Master" device only, right?

When I try to set the Away status, the log entry tells me this:

Ignored device "NEST Home Master" action request (communication is disabled)

And, when I try to enable Indigo communication to the Nest Home Master device, I am unable to check that checkbox in the device list, even though everything else is working properly.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I've tried reloading the plugin, restarting Indigo server, no luck. I'm running Indigo 6.1.4 on El Capitan.

I am running the old "Yet Another Nest Plugin" concurrently JUST for the away / home status change functionality and I'd like to retire that one because it's a buggy plugin that needs to be reloaded every hour.

No one replied to my original post, and the author of the plugin won't accept a private message from me (just sits in my outbox), so I really don't know what to do :-/

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to provide...

--Joe

Posted on
Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:30 am
Chameleon offline

Re: Re-Post - "Nest Home Master" - communication disabled

Nidocamen wrote:
Hello, I've just installed the plugin - it's great btw! - and it seems to be working well, I've been able to integrate its data and "actions" into my existing Indigo pages and action groups. But, I can't seem to get the Away status to change. The Away Status is controlled through the "Master" device only, right?

When I try to set the Away status, the log entry tells me this:

Ignored device "NEST Home Master" action request (communication is disabled)

And, when I try to enable Indigo communication to the Nest Home Master device, I am unable to check that checkbox in the device list, even though everything else is working properly.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I've tried reloading the plugin, restarting Indigo server, no luck. I'm running Indigo 6.1.4 on El Capitan.

I am running the old "Yet Another Nest Plugin" concurrently JUST for the away / home status change functionality and I'd like to retire that one because it's a buggy plugin that needs to be reloaded every hour.

No one replied to my original post, and the author of the plugin won't accept a private message from me (just sits in my outbox), so I really don't know what to do :-/

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to provide...

--Joe

Joe

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. It's been an interesting 3 months since Christmas and I've been 'off the grid' so to speak. Nothing mysterious just without internet access.

I'll look into this for you.

Have you got any update?

Regards

Mike

Page 1 of 1