NEST Weave - direct communications with Indigo

Posted on
Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:38 pm
Chameleon offline

NEST Weave - direct communications with Indigo

Hi all

Just a quick note for all NEST Home users.

Well finally Google have decided that we'll be able to integrate more directly into NEST products from 2016 (I'll be here sooner than we all think). That means that things like NEST Home will be able to communicate directly with NEST Devices without a need for the internet! So it'll keep on functioning even when your Internet stops working. Really important for security and protection devices like protect and nest cam.

I've already seem the first documentation and from what I can see there could be other advantages include allowing all your NEST devices to talk directly to your z wave devices (via an API that I'll have to build).

Anyway - sounds good and I'll keep you in the loop as things evolve. Of course I'll be looking for testers come Christmas so any volunteers will be gratefully recieved.

Oh... BTW - We've 300 users now :D Big leap since geofencing was added!

Mike

Posted on
Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:56 pm
keifer1 offline

Re: NEST Weave - direct communications with Indigo

I'm ready to blow my system up so beta away, and as always thank you for you Wonderfull work! we all appreciate it.

Computer Keith :D

Computer Keith
Mt Pleasant SC - Charleston
Indi-Go -Go-Go

Posted on
Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:00 pm
Chameleon offline

keifer1 wrote:
I'm ready to blow my system up so beta away, and as always thank you for you Wonderfull work! we all appreciate it.

Computer Keith :D

:D:D:D:D

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:55 pm
Fishysan offline

Great news Mike!

Thanks again for the plugin. Add me to the list for testing, if I have some time over xmas, I'd be happy to.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 1