Best way to delete Nest Home plugin?

Posted on
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:18 am
DU Lou offline

Best way to delete Nest Home plugin?

Are there any extra steps to deleting the Nest Home plugin than any other plugin? I am getting some errors and I want to do a clean reinstall of Nest Home.

Thanks!
~Lou

Posted on
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:38 am
Chameleon offline

Re: Best way to delete Nest Home plugin?

DU Lou wrote:
Are there any extra steps to deleting the Nest Home plugin than any other plugin? I am getting some errors and I want to do a clean reinstall of Nest Home.

Thanks!
~Lou

Lou

The best way to remove the plugin is the following for a clean install:

1. Make a copy of your API key (in NEST Home Configuration) - or you can regenerate a new one :D
    2. Disable NEST Home
    3. Delete all NEST Home Devices (Account, Protect and Thermostat)
    4. Delete the plugin file (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins (Disabled)/NEST....)
    5. Delete the preferences file ((/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/com.corporatechameleon.nestplugBeta.indiPref) and any other files containing nestplugBeta
    6. Download the latest version from the link
    7. Install and Paste your API key back into the Configuration dialog.

and that's it - the rest it should do on it's own

I am cleaning up some of the errors on NEST Home tomorrow so it might be worthwhile waiting until then :D

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:49 am
DU Lou offline

As always Mike. Thanks for the fast response. I will wait until tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:28 pm
DU Lou offline

Chameleon wrote:
I am cleaning up some of the errors on NEST Home tomorrow so it might be worthwhile waiting until then :D

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike, were these behind the scenes updates that do not need a new plugin version or will an updated plugin be released?

Thanks,
~Lou

Posted on
Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:54 am
Chameleon offline

DU Lou wrote:
Chameleon wrote:

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike, were these behind the scenes updates that do not need a new plugin version or will an updated plugin be released?

Thanks,
~Lou

The updates are mainly cosmetic (naming of triggers) plus trapping when the NEST loses internet connection. There are also a few updates to prepare for the link between iFindStuff and NEST Home later in the week. However, there's nothing that will impact you updating now and adding the updated version later in the week.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:13 pm
cdeggz offline

I recently had both of my thermostats replaced (warranty issue). I deleted nest home as described below and am starting over with a clean install.

I have the new thermostats installed, nest.com is set up, I installed nest home 3, but I never get a configuration dialog pop-up.

I go to Plugins->nest home 3->configure and I just get the spinning beach ball of death for 10 seconds and nothing happens. Any ideas?

-Craig

Posted on
Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:43 am
Chameleon offline

cdeggz wrote:
I recently had both of my thermostats replaced (warranty issue). I deleted nest home as described below and am starting over with a clean install.

I have the new thermostats installed, nest.com is set up, I installed nest home 3, but I never get a configuration dialog pop-up.

I go to Plugins->nest home 3->configure and I just get the spinning beach ball of death for 10 seconds and nothing happens. Any ideas?

-Craig

Craig

Why have you started with NEST Home 3? That's intended for some users who have three sites for indigo generally because they have over 30 devices.

I'd install NEST Home for a single site.

I'll look at the configuration issue later today on NEST Home 3 tho because it should work fine.

Mike

Posted on
Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:18 am
Chameleon offline

cdeggz wrote:

-Craig

Craig

My apologies you were correct. There was a bug in NEST Home 3 (and 2) that could cause issues on reinstallation. I should do better regression testing :oops:

I've corrected the bug and tested it on my system and it works fine for all versions of NEST Home.

I recommend that you use the types of NEST Home in order if you're going to install just one installation of NEST. If you exceed 20 NEST items you can install NEST 2 Home and over 40 will require NEST 3 Home. Actually it shouldn't really make any difference.

I suggest that you delete NEST Home 3 (as per the instructions) by deleting any created devices, deleting the NEST Home 3 directory and then install the package from the links above.

Thanks for finding the issue :D

Regards

Mike

Page 1 of 1