NEST Home reaches 250 users

Posted on
Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:24 am
Chameleon offline

NEST Home reaches 250 users

NEST Home installed over 100 times in the last few months

I just noticed today while updating NEST Home that it now has over 200+ unique users. This is major increase since the last time I looked about a month ago where there was only 150.

Thanks to all of you for your support

Mike

Posted on
Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:26 am
Indy_Larry offline

Re: NEST Home reaches 100+ users

Congrats Mike,. Thanks for developing a functional Nest plugin, I'm using it without any issues.

Larry

Larry

Insteon, Z Wave, Hue, Sonos

Posted on
Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:21 am
Chameleon offline

Great to know Larry - if you think of any features or fields you'd like let me know :D

Mike

Posted on
Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:21 am
Scotfree offline

Thank you, thank you for your work in developing this plug-in ! I was requiring Indigo integration of my Nest Protects and it works a dream.

I guess it would be too much to ask for the API to be able to activate the alarms so they could double-up as intruder alarms ? Would it allow access to the audio in the Protect devices to allow custom messages so they could act as announcers ? If so, the cost of these alarms would have been well worth it.

Posted on
Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:14 pm
teejay6 offline

This is seriously brilliant, Chameleon. It provides so much more functionality to the Nest. Congratulations on a great piece of work.

Posted on
Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:42 pm
Chameleon offline

Subject: NEST Home reaches 100+ users

teejay6 wrote:
This is seriously brilliant, Chameleon. It provides so much more functionality to the Nest. Congratulations on a great piece of work.

TJ

Thanks. It's appreciated. There's more to do tho. I'm thinking voice control next... Maybe using Siri. Plus I'd like some better graphs and tracking. If you've any ideas let me know.

:D

Mike

Posted on
Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:35 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Chameleon wrote:
Maybe using Siri.

I'll be very interested to see how you do that since there is no API for Siri... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:38 am
SSteve offline

jay (support) wrote:
Chameleon wrote:
Maybe using Siri.

I'll be very interested to see how you do that since there is no API for Siri... ;)

There's at least one way for third-party apps to integrate with Siri. In OmniFocus, they have you set up a list in Reminders that the app monitors. Say the list is called "Omni." You can tell Siri "Add buy sunflower seeds to my Omni list." When OmniFocus sees something show up on that list, it adds it to the Inbox and deletes it from the list.

Posted on
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:46 am
Chameleon offline

jay (support) wrote:
Chameleon wrote:
Maybe using Siri.

Jay

Always with the details.... details.... :roll:

I've three potential avenues although they might be blind.. Google Now, Cortana and the Amazon Echo. I'd love the echo to be released in the UK but we're still waiting. Also Apple did give so interesting insights into deeper integration of Siri for developers. There is the 'always' listening privacy concerns with any platform of course but if the NSA really wanted to listen to our boring conversations ("did you buy the cheese?", "would you like a cup of tea?" or other such gripping moments that make up 95% of my family's boring lives :mrgreen: ) then they're welcome . I just like the aspiration towards a more Star Trek future. :D

Mike

Posted on
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:48 am
Chameleon offline

SSteve wrote:
jay (support) wrote:
Chameleon wrote:
Maybe using Siri.

There's at least one way for third-party apps to integrate with Siri. In OmniFocus, they have you set up a list in Reminders that the app monitors. Say the list is called "Omni." You can tell Siri "Add buy sunflower seeds to my Omni list." When OmniFocus sees something show up on that list, it adds it to the Inbox and deletes it from the list.

Another option :D thanks. Maybe an IFTTT approach might work to?

Mike

Posted on
Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:07 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Chameleon wrote:
Google Now, Cortana and the Amazon Echo. I'd love the echo to be released in the UK but we're still waiting.

None of which are Siri so you don't get the convenience of just pressing/holding the home button to access it, but yeah, I'm getting more interested in the Echo.

Chameleon wrote:
Also Apple did give so interesting insights into deeper integration of Siri for developers.

Oh wow - I guess we missed something from WWDC. Can you provide links? (now you're getting me excited)

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:09 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

SSteve wrote:

I was thinking of something a little less hacky... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:04 am
Cheezmo offline

I have an Amazon Echo and would be glad to help test if anything gets done in that regard. There is already some Amazon Echo IFTTT integration but it seems kind of hacky, also, using todo list stuff.

Posted on
Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 am
Chameleon offline

Yeah - I'd much rather they came up with the API that they've been talking about. I don't really like chunky solutions. That said I manage the link between LIFE360 and my Indigo setup using emails that it sends so I know where people are!

Hope fully they'll release both soon :D

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:10 am
Chameleon offline

Re: NEST Home reaches 150+ users

Just thought I'd update this :D

Mike