NEST Home - Production Version

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:21 pm
Chameleon offline

NEST Home - Production Version

Please leave any feedback, ideas, suggestions or issues in this thread.

Mike

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:19 pm
mikeL offline

Re: NEST Home - Production Version

Oops! Installed the production version after disabling the previous beta version. Got numerous errors in the log leaving the plugin "enabled" but my Main Thermostat device and Nest Home Master device both disabled and showing red. I tried to edit these devices. Had to select another Nest Thermostat Module device type and Nest Home Master type (original device types with same names were greyed out in the selection list) to enable the devices. Unfortunately after saving the edits, I see that all my Triggers, Schedules and Actions referencing the original devices are now gone. Obviously, there's a problem!

I hope I can roll back the upgrade to the production version using Time Machine :shock:

Cheers,
Mike

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:37 pm
Chameleon offline

mikeL wrote:
Oops! Installed the production version after disabling the previous beta version. Got numerous errors in the log leaving the plugin "enabled" but my Main Thermostat device and Nest Home Master device both disabled and showing red. I tried to edit these devices. Had to select another Nest Thermostat Module device type and Nest Home Master type (original device types with same names were greyed out in the selection list) to enable the devices. Unfortunately after saving the edits, I see that all my Triggers, Schedules and Actions referencing the original devices are now gone. Obviously, there's a problem!

I hope I can roll back the upgrade to the production version using Time Machine :shock:

Cheers,
Mike

Sorry Mike. I'll look at it in the morning but I didnt get an issue in testing.

Mike

Posted on
Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:55 am
Chameleon offline

mikeL wrote:

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for highlighting this so quickly Mike. I suspect we saved a lot of people a lot of hassle - although I appreciate that wasn't much help to you! I was able to pull the download link very quickly and retest.

I've fixed the preference file issue now - lesson learnt for the future with Indigo Plugins - and I restored my indigo system back to the state it was before I upgraded. I've listed the files that need restoring (or folders more accurately) in the Latest Software Release forum. After I restarted the Indigo Server and then upgraded using the new files it behaved exactly as all other upgrades have done and didn't remove any schedules, triggers or actions that I'd already created.

Many thanks again - and sorry for the extra work you had to do.

Regards

Mike

Page 1 of 1