Logging device presence

Posted on
Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:29 am
zini offline

Logging device presence

I have a little bit of a unique request and wanted to see if its possible to accomplish using the FINGSCAN plugin.

Is there a way that I could actually log (as in, build a record) of devices and how long they are present? For example, "X" device was present yesterday for 35 minutes and today for 15 minutes, etc. Would there be a way to do this using FINGSCAN in conjunction with Indigo's built-in timers and pesters? Perhaps it sends an email with the record?

Just wanted to throw this out there and see what your thoughts were. Any help/input would be appreciated!

Mark

Posted on
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:50 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Logging device presence

I believe there is a plugin-- forgot the name -- that does that; something with uptime .. or seconds up

Or you could use the indigoplotD plugin that can calculate that value, but it makes a plot out of the info (use measurement = sum for 1 day.)

Karl

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:15 am
zini offline

Thank you for the quick response. I am going to take a look at your indigoplotD plugin and give it a shot. Looks pretty slick!

Mark

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:57 pm
kw123 offline

try the event feature. you can place dots in the plots at the points when a beacon shows up or leaves..

If you need a walk though let me know.... and you should get sone sensors (e.g. light , temp distance .. they really work nicely on the RPI)

Posted on
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:04 am
zini offline

You know what - if you don’t mind, I’ll take you up on that. I would love a walkthrough. I’m just getting back into indigo after a few years so I’m a little rusty.

Thanks for offering!

Mark

Page 1 of 1