INDIGO plot --> see new version INDIGOplotD

Posted on
Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:58 pm
kw123 offline

Re: INDIGO plot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1oyne5tr8s3arr/INDIGOplot2-5-1.zip v 2.5.1

fixes:
1. in MATPLOT if sums of data (e.g. add the KW of 2 power lines) where plotted under some circumstances it did not work.
2. when upgrading to 2.4.0 from an old version and SQLlogger was not enabled it ignored the data. Now old data will be imported.
( version after adding flexible number of bins/ days per plot)

adds:
x -axis labels are managed better depending on size and # of bins in a plot = the frequency of the timestamps is adapted to the size of the plot.

This will be the last INDIGOplot version (+ bug fixes) .

There will be a new plugin coming soon that uses the INDIGO device frame work. Each (set of) plot will be a device and can be deleted, duplicated, enabled, edited .. in INDIGO in the same manner as "regular" devices. This has the advantage that all configuration data is stored in INDIGO. It offers more possibilities in the future: other scripts, triggers or events will be able to call the plugin and request a fresh image, enable/ disable plots and change parameters... and eventually add plots

The new version will have a new data format and will have a different name. INDIGOplot will be left alone and there is not conflict or overlap between this 2 plugins.

Karl

Posted on
Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:03 pm
mat offline

hi Karl,

Nothing really serious, just workload and a friend with some problems. All sorted.

regards

Mat

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:02 pm
kw123 offline

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzta3krxf2usdbt/INDIGOplot-2-5-2.zip v2.5.2

fixed:
x-range in GNUPLOT needs to be changed at midnight every day (problem from 2.4.0 on).
Thanks to GeorgeW *) for helping to figure that out.

Karl

no not that GeorgeW but GRWilde

Posted on
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:32 am
kw123 offline

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xflwa2x3e48jzn6/INDIGOplot2-5-5.zip v 2.5.5

fixes:
1. When a new device was added to indigo and then added to indigo plot, depending on sequence, only part of the data was plotted (that was very difficult to diagnose)
2. matplot was not complied in 2.5.x
3. when a device was removed from indigo (i.e. dead physical device) depending on timing Indigo got confused.

thanks to GRWilde for helping to debug this one.

Karl

Posted on
Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:32 am
kw123 offline

Re: INDIGO plot >>D<<

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7r3pjdml91ygka3/INDIGOplotD-2-5-5.zipv 2.5.5

INDIGOplotD has a new concept for configuring the plots.
The data structures and directories are completely independent of INDIGOplot. They do not know of each other (you could run both in parallel)
The Plot parameters are identical to the latest INDIGOplot version. Only the configuration of how to enter the parameters has changed.

NEW way of entering configuration data:
First step: select the data you like to track and use in the plots as before in PLUGIN/INDIGOplotD/Configure
- select devices, variables .. as before. They are shared across all plots
- select MATPLOT or GNUPLOT
- switch on/off debug

Plots are "Indigo devices" now. In order to setup a plot:
In indigo home screen
- add new device
- "Type" = INDIGOplotD
- choose name of plot here (this will be the file name of the plot(s) generated
- "Model" = plot

The configuration of the Plot will pop up automatically. Here you have the remaining 2 steps: setup the plots ( for day/hour/minute bins and the 2 optional sizes) and the lines in the plot you like to show as in INDIGOplot.
The selection menu is a bit slicker and items and sections appear and disappear as needed for the configuration.
Also here you can do "draw" i.e. preview of the plots..

click on save at the end to exit and save parameters to INDIGO

To rename/duplicate/delete a PLOT do as you would normally do with other devices.
If you like the setup of a plot and like to use it for another plot just duplicate the plot go into EDIT device change the few parameters you like to change (and save)

This is a first release of this version. But I did all kinds of test add/remove duplicate change .. of items/plot/ etc.

Could you give me your feedback if this is an improvement versus the previous way of setting up the plots.

Thanks

Karl

Posted on
Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:37 pm
kw123 offline

Re: INDIGO plot D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7d9t5m6xzkpzti/INDIGOplotD-2-5-6.zip v2-5-6

Fixes:
- some cosmetic fixes for entering data in config and device menus
- some more error control if wrong data (e.g. text instead of numbers) is entered ..
- fixed some messages and when what field gets displayed depending on flow of parameter entry

Added
- added ignore parameters in config menu, default =-999999 +999999
data (values) outside this range will be ignored. This should also help with smoothing parameters which fails when you have data like: 500,550,570 -21293847982137, 550 555
- MATPLOT is forcing limits to Y values to Y range min/max. e.g. if your data point is y=400 and the plot range is 0:350, that data point will be set to 350. This has a positive impact on smoothing, It does not work for GNUplot
- clicking on the draw button will wait until the plots are finished by MATplot not just constant 2 seconds. This will make sure that the plots are updated with the new parameters instead of showing plots with old values.

Karl

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 12:48 am
dduff617 offline

duplicating plot issue

observation related to duplication in INDIGOPlotD:

suppose i create a plot to track humidity, set points, on/off for my upstairs thermostat.

now i want to create identical plot, but for my downstairs thermostat. so i select the first plot and hit "duplicate". then, i select each line of the resulting plot. i want to switch the datasource for the line from the value from the upstairs thermostat to the corresponding value on the downstairs thermostat. however, the datasource for a line can not be changed. so i have to delete each line and re-create new ones.

is there any reason why datasource can't be modified? this is especially inconvenient when trying to use the duplicate command, but also affects any attempt to edit a line in a plot once you've created it.

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 1:28 am
dduff617 offline

tips for plotting HVAC data?

i suspect i'm not alone in seeking a nice plot of HVAC-related values...

i'd like to see set points, temperature, and humidity. i'd also like to see the on/off state (for heat, cool, and fan).

plotting the temps is easy enough. i plot humidity values using a separate axis. that's also pretty straightforward.

for heat/AC on/off values, i tried creating a line that used heat for line A, cool for line B, and combines the values using "LineA - LineB". this seems to make sense since only one of them can be non-zero at a time.

i experimented with multipliers and offsets to make the on/off values show up better stay separate from each other when sharing an axis. however, when i tried using offset with the combined heat/cool line, it didn't have the desired effect. instead of applying the offset and multiplier to the difference A-B, it seems that the multiplier and offsets were applied to A and B separately, meaning the resulting offset for the difference is zero no matter what value i use.

i don't understand what line type "filled blocks" is supposed to do. it seemed to create a strange inverted fill when i experimented with it. anyone have an example showing how to use this?

i also notice that some on/off values don't appear when i try to plot them - i assume this is because there are no recent state changes. for example, plotting Heat-ON worked ok, but when i try to plot AC-On, i get nothing. is there some way to specify a default value or something? (i.e. assume system is OFF until you see an ON command).

other ideas for how to get insights from HVAC data using indigoPlot?

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 9:15 am
kw123 offline

i am out of town until wednesday, so I can't check the code.

the "filled blocks" is a histogram mode that fills the area between the values and the x-axis. The term is copied from GNUplot, how its called there

Fo thermostat a good config would be:

temp black solid left scale
heatset point red left scale dashed
coolsetpoint blue left scale dashed

AC on filled blocks right scale *100multiplier blue
Heat on filled blocks right scale *100multiplier red
You should not need to do any math+- for these as they are seldom ON both at the same time.

In addition you could add humidity% blue right scale (not *100 as the values are between 0..100)

When you use on/off the numerical value is translated to 0 or 1. So if you want to see anything when you have a scale 0-200 or you should multiply by 100 to see e.g. %on time ; a value of 100 would be ON 100%.
On/off states are copied forward from the last value present. i.e. if on Feb 17 it was ON and no action after that any bin after that should be ON and same if it would have been OFF.

hope that helps

Karl

Posted on
Thu May 01, 2014 9:37 am
kw123 offline

Posted on
Sun May 11, 2014 10:50 pm
kw123 offline

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7ibs8ersn2o2pn/INDIGOplotD.zip
or at
http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/filelib/index.php?id=341

this is the official INDIGOplotD release.
It includes a detailed step by step PDF on how to install, configure plots, make them appear on your iPad.... It also shows some example plots how to use left / right scale, log scale. smoothing, different number of bins etc.

Added:
- more flexibility for SQL logger data import, especially for large databases on MACs with little memory
- nicer flow of configuration steps

fixed:
- some smaller issues with very special cases (MATPLot had an issue with log scales when Y range had specific values)

Karl

Posted on
Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:38 pm
Sleepy81 offline

Re: INDIGO plot --> see new version INDIGOplotD

Great plugin!

I have used it for a few days now, and it has worked perfectly.

However, tonight I had a problem.
I was adding a bunch of battery powered devices under Plugin - IndigPlotD - Configure... when everything went south...

At first I had problems when I tries to add a device called "Røykvarsler". Røykvarsler means Smoke Alarm in Norwegian, and IndigoPlotD had issues with the "ø" character, and I got a lot of errors in the log. I figured I could just rename the device to "Roykvarsler" and all would be fine.
At first it looked good, after I reloaded the SQL database (to make sure the name was updated there as well, don't know if it matters but to be on the safe side...), and the IndigoPlotD plugin. I also RESET all the IndigoPlotD devices to make sure I started on a clean slate. I was able to add all the devices, and I saw that the IndigoPlotD plugin was communicating and fetching data from the SQL log after I added each device.

However, after I exited the configuration screen, I had an unrelated issue, and had to restart Indigo 6, including the indigo 6 Server.
After the restart of everything, this pops up in my log every time IndigoPlotD tries to initialize:

Code: Select all
5. okt. 2014 00:24:32
  INDIGOplotD                     sql command for Bevegelsessensor Bod-batteryLevel        starting at       15 added
  INDIGOplotD                     sql command for Bevegelsessensor Innergang-batteryLevel  starting at        0 added
  INDIGOplotD Error               Error in plugin execution startup:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 501, in startup
  File "plugin.py", line 5546, in setupSQLDataBatch
<type 'exceptions.IndexError'>: list index out of range

INDIGOplotD Error               Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 4794, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 1078, in createPy
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'gnuPlotBin'

INDIGOplotD Error               plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
  INDIGOplotD Error               Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

And it repeats itself every 10 sec...

So two questions:
1. What is wrong? :)
2. Will IndigoPlotD be updated to support Norwegian alphabet? (æ,ø,å in perticular, as we use those characters quite often... )

Posted on
Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:32 pm
Hans Kiesewetter offline

I have exactly the same problem. It worked perfect.
did two things today : added two new devices (temperature/humidity sensors) to the system. (without problems)
AND my OS was requesting an update with restart, so I did.
After the restart I find the same error messages in my log....

21 mrt. 2015 wk 12 21:21:17
Enabling plugin "INDIGOplotD 3.3.4"
Starting plugin "INDIGOplotD 3.3.4" (pid 394)
Started plugin "INDIGOplotD 3.3.4"
INDIGOplotD initializing ... 3-3-4
INDIGOplotD indigo version found: 6
INDIGOplotD read file /Users/Hans/Documents/INDIGOplotD/data/minute.dat lines: 2304 ok
INDIGOplotD read file /Users/Hans/Documents/INDIGOplotD/data/hour.dat lines: 912 ok
INDIGOplotD read file /Users/Hans/Documents/INDIGOplotD/data/day.dat lines: 390 ok
INDIGOplotD Error Error in plugin execution startup:

File "plugin.py", line 489, in startup
File "plugin.py", line 4465, in redolineDataSource
File "plugin.py", line 4579, in removeDevice0
File "plugin.py", line 4595, in removePropFromDevice
File "plugin.py", line 4694, in removeColumnFromData
<type 'exceptions.IndexError'>: list assignment index out of range

INDIGOplotD initialized
INDIGOplotD Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 4794, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 1078, in createPy
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'gnuPlotBin'

INDIGOplotD Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:40 pm
kw123 offline

could you update to version: 3.8.9: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=12754&start=30

[edit] sorry the restore option was not available in that OLD version..

you could just load the new version, if that does not work do:
you might need to do:
1. disable plugin
2. delete everything in "/Users/yourid/Documents/INDIGOplotD/data/"
you will need to reenter the configuration

Karl
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-21 at 6.38.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-21 at 6.38.26 PM.png (44.44 KiB) Viewed 5039 times
Screen Shot 2015-03-21 at 6.36.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-21 at 6.36.09 PM.png (189.18 KiB) Viewed 5039 times