trane zwave thermostat

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:07 am
kw123 offline

trane zwave thermostat

I have 4 of the TZMET 400BB32 (bought on the indigo web site). They have been working flawlessly for 2+ years.
Now one of them looses connection to the zwave network after ~ 2 days.
When I power cycle the device it comes back and works again for ~ 2 days. Then it fails again.

I would like to test in the following way: swap 2 thermostats and see if it is the thermostat/ location/ power supply ..

how do I swap them w/o loosing all the config etc
do I need to exclude them and re-inculde?

And if that does not help, does anyone have a spare one. I can't buy them anymore.

Karl

amazon offers the
TZEMT400BB3NX N N SL it looks identical, but works in the NEXIA home system, don't know if it works with indigo.

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: trane zwave thermostat

For testing, just swap them out and turn off any logic that's location specific (set them on perm hold just for the test period). If that magically fixes them, then you can go through the somewhat tedious process of switching the logic out. You might be able to exclude them both, then include them again but switching them when you edit the Indigo device.

I suspect the nexia version would work as well - I have a Trane XR524 that's labeled for Nexia that I'll be installing this weekend so I can let you know what I find. Most of the things I've read about the "Nexia" versions indicate that they work fine with any Z-Wave system.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:16 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: trane zwave thermostat

I just installed that Nexia thermostat (it was quick) and it included then sync'd without issues. Seems to be working fine.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1