new plugin input request

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:19 am
howartp offline

Re: new plugin input request

Your wife is as bad as me!

Here's your birthday present, but it's not coming for a month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:21 am
durosity offline

Hehe! We intentionally waited on it, we knew that ikettle were planning a sale at £59 at some point. Not that I need one. But it's something fun to fiddle with. And hopefully integrate into indigo.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:52 am
Asconasny offline

I would like a energy consumption plugin. :)

Pick device and it would provide power now and log hour kWh, weekly, monthly and year.
And maybe combine devices. So its possible to add up different devices and sum it up.
Its nice to provide the info on a control page.

I know its doable with scripts but. . a plugin would make my life a lot easier :)

Regards
Asconasny

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:25 am
kw123 offline

There is already a plugin for it and I posted a script that does that
But not with combining devices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:29 am
norcoscia offline

Hi Karl, about the best thing (most useful from my perspective) would be an easy way to send voice announcements to Amazon Echo.

Current voice announcements mechanisms (all rely on a full home wiring or Airplay). Home wiring is too costly and intrusive and my airplay speakers seem to always disconnect to fail to announce for one reason or another. I have 5 Amazon Echos'/Dot's all over my house and If I could target them individually or broadcast voice to them all - it would be a game changer.

Right below voice would be integration of my Rachio irrigation system but that is a distant second to reliable voice.

In any case thanks for any consideration on the two capabilities above...

_______
Norm

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:49 am
jalves offline

I'll second the voice announcement suggestion above. Perhaps using any bluetooth speaker? I've got a couple of the mini-bluetooth speakers, one from iHome and the other a generic one that are just an inch or so in diameter and perhaps 2" high. I could place them in various places around the house so I'd hear the announcement if I wasn't in the same room as the Indigo server.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:07 am
Japple55 offline

Another +1 on the voice announcements. Using Airfoil, I've tried iHome airplay speakers...keep dropping off the network. Same issue with the Sabrent Wifi Audio receivers (plugged into the crappy iHomes). Have an Apple TV in the family room but don't want to leave the receiver powered on 24/7 to drive those speakers. Expecting an Airport Express from Ebay any day; I've heard that is a pretty solid solution so we'll see. BT speakers with Airfoil work, but range is a limiting factor for me. (is there such a thing as a BT repeater?) Echo announcements would be awesome, though I don't know how it could be done outside of BT.

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:44 am
Different Computers offline

How about a SmartThings plugin? This would give second hand zigbee control to Indigo.

ST has a published API.

Other than that, how about EvoCam? It's pretty open, with lots of AppleScriptability, and much, much cheaper than SecuritySpy.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:02 am
Japple55 offline

Different Computers wrote:
How about a SmartThings plugin? This would give second hand zigbee control to Indigo.

ST has a published API.

Other than that, how about EvoCam? It's pretty open, with lots of AppleScriptability, and much, much cheaper than SecuritySpy.

ST bridge/plugin would be nice, but... if I may quote you... " No internet = no smartthings." Until they get true local control on the ST hub, I don't see the point.

Posted on
Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:09 am
kw123 offline

no internet = no ..
I am using charter and customer service was really bad, fixes would take 3+ days .. .
But then ATT came to town and allover sudden CS is really good.
Had a down "everything" situation; called CS; 90 minutes later the rep came and fixed the problem (was on the pole),
3 hours later a QA guy came by and checked and asked if I was satisfied
Then I got a $20 coupon for a reduced monthly bill.

competition really works

Karl

Posted on
Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:58 am
Japple55 offline

WOW, that's really impressive. COMCAST could learn a thing or two from them!

Posted on
Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:31 am
keifer1 offline

I realize this is very specific plugin but :D . I'm putting in a solaredge.com solarsystem.
They have an api http://www.solaredge.com/sites/default/ ... ng_api.pdf all data pulled from their site.
Would be nice to have a plugin to integrate.

Thankx for all of your work.

Computer Keith
Mt Pleasant SC - Charleston
Indi-Go -Go-Go

Posted on
Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:17 am
kw123 offline

this looks interesting and very doable ... BUT without having my hands on it it will be difficult to write and test. :(

and I have a lot of trees around my house :D :D = no sun on my roof. So I guess a solar panel is not for me.

Karl

Posted on
Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:37 pm
blysik offline

How about wireless sensors from http://wirelesstag.net ?

Looks like a nice set of devices at a good price point.

API details are here: http://wirelesstag.net/media/mytaglist.com/apidoc.html

Posted on
Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:13 pm
kw123 offline

wireless tag looks interesting .

Mother / cookies do kind of the same with temp and movements, not humidity though. I have them in many places (fridge, attic outside, doors to check temp and movements.)
as they are tiny I also use it to measure the bed temperature and movements under the sheets- you can see if you sleep well and how long (temp and movements)

Temp gets updated once every 5 minutes, a bit to short for thermostat, but ok for fridge and temperature trends.

The reaction time is ~ 2-10 seconds to a movement: round trip for signal from cookie -> mother -> web server @sen.se -> subscription -> indigo plugin(via web server)
The service has an outage about once a week for 1-2 hours. It is hosted in France, the get to the office ~ 8am = 5am East cost time. So if there is an outage at midnight the service comes back after the croissants with cafe au lait are done.

So in summary I hesitate to add more internet based services. If in my world something does not work I know its me and I can fix it. :)

Karl