Authentication Token Required?

Posted on
Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:06 am
Dewster35 offline

Authentication Token Required?

I'm getting this in my event log:

Code: Select all
Plex Media Server Manager Error Failed to obtain authentication token from plex.tv site.
   Plex Media Server Manager Error An error occurred executing the GET/PUT request (Device: 1098410609): 401 - Unauthorized
   Plex Media Server Manager Error An error occurred executing the GET/PUT request (Device: 1098410609): 401 - Unauthorized

I've tried connecting via HTTPS and HTTP. Poking around in the plex settings and nothing is jumping out at me. Any ideas?

Posted on
Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:02 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Authentication Token Required?

I've tried connecting via HTTPS and HTTP. Poking around in the plex settings and nothing is jumping out at me. Any ideas?

That error is typically indicating one of two things:

1. Your username/password combination set in the Plex Media Server Indigo device is incorrect for the Plex.tv site
2. You entered a local Plex username/password rather than your Plex.tv site password

If you turn the debugging up to High it will show more information for us to debug (assuming neither of the above two is the issue).

Posted on
Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:13 pm
Dewster35 offline

#2 is the winner. Thank you and thank you for the awesome plugin :)

Posted on
Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:58 pm
RogueProeliator offline

#2 is the winner. Thank you and thank you for the awesome plugin

Glad to hear you got it working... it is a little weird that you have to login to their website in order to get the authentication token, but I guess their contention is that you can turn off authentication for the local network and not require the token. Even so, that token seems to last forever -- at least I haven't notice it having changed in my system in a long while.

Glad you like the plugin!

Adam

Page 1 of 1