Plex Media Server Manager Plugin - Beta

Posted on
Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:15 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Plex Media Server Manager Plugin - Beta

In your post you mentioned "currentlPlayingTitleYear" I thought it was a typo in the post, but sure enough when I changed it to "currentlyPlayingTitleYear" Indigo complained.

That would be a good, old-fashioned typo :-/

Looks like Indigo doesn't like the large thumbnails that get downloaded when I add them to a control page. Any way to work around this? I'm seeing:

You should be okay with most of the Thumbnail art, but some of the actual large-scale art is pretty high resolution and I suspect that is what you are running into; if I am not mistaken Indigo limits those refreshing image sizes because it could kill reflector bandwidth (not to mention your device's data) if it were refreshing too often.

I happen to run into that the other day as well while playing around with some control pages; I want to see if Python has a method to allow me to resize an image and that should solve your issue as the permanent fix. In the meantime, you could possibly use AppleScript to resize it (download full size and then use AppleScript to resize/save it to a new image, which is the one put on the control page). That is a clunky work-around but hopefully you wouldn't have to do it for long if you don't feel like waiting for the better fix.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:05 am
Suncroft offline

Hi,

I am running Plex Server 0.9.11.17 and Indigo 6.1 on a Mac Mini OS X 10.10.3. I have user (family) accounts setup in Plex that require a 4 digit pin when logging in. I have the option to not require auth on the local network but user accounts still require login. I think this is whats causing the following error?

Plex Media Server Manager Error Error executing effect for device id 1308799787
Plex Media Server Manager Error Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkDeviceResponse.py", line 166, in executeEffects
eval("rpDevice." + effect.updateParam + "(responseObj, rpCommand)")
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/plexMediaServerDevices.py", line 85, in handlePlexMediaContainerResult
self.indigoDevice.updateStateOnServer(key="serverVersion", value=plexContainer.containerAttributes["version"])
KeyError: 'version'

Is there any plan to cater for user accounts in the plugin?

Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:09 am
RogueProeliator offline

Is there any plan to cater for user accounts in the plugin?

Yes, I hope to support authentication in the next version, I just haven't had time to look into what all options are available for authentication (types, parameters, etc.) But it should be coming...

Adam

Posted on
Sun May 03, 2015 3:29 pm
noel1983 offline

Hi all,
Just started playing with this and its awesome, i'm a little new to interacting with images in indigo so please could someone help me out with a step by step guide?!

I've got the devices in and reporting statuses to a control page all ok.

I've got a trigger set to download the image when status changes to playing however i'm not sure what to put in the 'Save to filename' box. Does this need to be a full path? i.e. if i just type in rokucurrentplaying.jpg will that save it somewhere on the plex server?

Appreciate the help all, if i've missed help or info somewhere then apologies.

Thanks
Noel

Posted on
Sun May 03, 2015 4:04 pm
noel1983 offline

Trial and error i've sorted it :)

For anyone else struggling leave the no art defined line blank and make sure you have file/// in front of your path and it works great :)

Posted on
Sun May 03, 2015 8:13 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I've got a trigger set to download the image when status changes to playing however i'm not sure what to put in the 'Save to filename' box. Does this need to be a full path?

Yes, generally this should be a full path and then your control pages would point to it using a file:// URL. I'll see about adding some better explanation in there as several have asked similar questions regarding the images.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:45 pm
JS9 offline

Hi,

This is working great on my system when playing content that's stored on my server. However, I'm not able to grab play/pause status when watching a Plex Channel.

Is that something that's not possible at the moment, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on
Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:02 pm
RogueProeliator offline

This is working great on my system when playing content that's stored on my server. However, I'm not able to grab play/pause status when watching a Plex Channel.

I believe that the client API is based primarily on the server streaming the media, not as much as the client reporting status; therefore, I don't think we will get too much information while on a channel. However, I will do a little experimentation and see if it can gather any information at all.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:28 pm
JS9 offline

I believe that the client API is based primarily on the server streaming the media, not as much as the client reporting status; therefore, I don't think we will get too much information while on a channel. However, I will do a little experimentation and see if it can gather any information at all.

Thanks for the info and prompt response!

Posted on
Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:17 pm
noel1983 offline

Hi,
Any update on supporting the authentication? It's only finding this post that i've realised that me moving to Plex Home has caused it to stop working and has been the reason by logs have been so cluttered!!

Always user error ;)

Be awesome to have this working again so thanks in advance

Noel

Posted on
Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:38 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Any update on supporting the authentication?

It is one of the next things for development -- see this thread http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=14355.

Posted on
Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:41 pm
noel1983 offline

awesome thanks!!

Posted on
Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:49 pm
oliverjhudson offline

Re: PMSM Status on ending playback

Hey.

This plugin is great - works a treat to set scenes when I'm watching video. The only thing I'm having a problem with is when a movie (or TV show) ends. If I play or pause the video mid-show, the status of the client device changes between 'paused' and 'playing' (with a 5s poll time), but if I allow the video to play to its natural end and stop (or if I prematurely end a video), then status of the device remains as 'playing'. If I do nothing, about a minute later (when the screensaver kicks in), the status changes straight to 'disconnected'.

This means that if I let a video play to the end, my lighting scene stays in 'watching video' mode rather than changing. The only way round this has been to pause the video just before the end, triggering the status change, then skipping the video manually to the end.

Is this a problem that anyone can reproduce?

Indigo Server is running remotely from the Plex Media Server but is communicating properly (other than as above)

Indigo Server: 6.1.2
PMSM plugin: v 0.7.15
Plex Media Server: Version 0.9.12.4.1192-9a47d21
Plex client: Version 1.4.1 (1.4.1.469-47a90f01)

Posted on
Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:16 pm
RogueProeliator offline

If I play or pause the video mid-show, the status of the client device changes between 'paused' and 'playing' (with a 5s poll time), but if I allow the video to play to its natural end and stop (or if I prematurely end a video), then status of the device remains as 'playing'. If I do nothing, about a minute later (when the screensaver kicks in), the status changes straight to 'disconnected'.

This may be client-specific... that is, the client doesn't tell the Plex Server that it is done playing/streaming. I can see if I can duplicate your case, but it may just depend. What client are you using to stream the Plex media?

Posted on
Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:06 am
oliverjhudson offline

I'm using Plex Home Theater running on Yosemite.