Plex Media Server Manager Plugin - Beta

Posted on
Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:36 am
gcoop76 offline

Re: Plex Media Server Manager Plugin - Beta

Hi, all.

I'm working on getting my lighting in my home theater to respond to the status of the Plex player. I have the PHT and PMS on a Mac Mini. So far, it seems to work fine with going from Playing to Paused.

I would like to have the lights turn on when the media is stopped. However, if I stop media from playing, the status doesn't change. It still says Playing, even though its stopped.

Any ideas?

Thanks for making this plugin!

Greg

Posted on
Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:12 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I'm working on getting my lighting in my home theater to respond to the status of the Plex player. I have the PHT and PMS on a Mac Mini. So far, it seems to work fine with going from Playing to Paused.

I think something is going wrong with PHT based on this and the previous issue. I will try to test it out or else put some debugging info in this thread to help sort it out. My gut tells me that PHT is not properly updating the server; I don't use it, however, so I'll need to install and test to be sure.

Adam

Posted on
Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:01 pm
Sleepy81 offline

Any updates on this issue? I have the same problem...

Even when using the STOP keyboard shortcut ("X"), the client stil says PLAYING in the status, so something is not being updated here...

Posted on
Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:26 am
RogueProeliator offline

Any updates on this issue? I have the same problem...
Even when using the STOP keyboard shortcut ("X"), the client stil says PLAYING in the status, so something is not being updated here...

I've just returned from vacation, so haven't had a chance to install and test things out yet, still on the list to do though. I really believe this is going to end up a client issue, though, because the plugin is simply reporting what the server thinks is the status - it isn't interacting with the client at all - and other clients that I have tested such as Roku, web, Android, Chromecast, etc. are almost an instant update. I'll let you know what I find out, though, in case it does turn out to be an issue that is fixable within the plugin.

One thing you could do in the meantime as an initial test -- turn on full debugging on the plugin (this will generate a BUNCH of log data!) and then stop it and allow at least one or two more rounds of updates to be pulled (obviously depends on your polling interval how long that takes) then can turn off the debug mode. If you do that and post the log, along with when you stopped the client, I might be able to get a jump on the debug.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:30 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I would like to have the lights turn on when the media is stopped. However, if I stop media from playing, the status doesn't change. It still says Playing, even though its stopped.

Hey guys, unfortunately there is nothing I can do here... I was able to replicate your exact situation by installing PHT on my Mac. I played a movie, stopped it (view returned to the details page, no longer showing the play screen) and watched the communication between the plugin and the server. The server still believed the PHT application to be playing for at least 80 seconds at which time I closed the details on PHT and approximately 20 seconds later the server showed the client as having stopped playing. This is looking directly at the server's published information and the same that updates basically instantly for Roku and Chromecast clients, so this is an issue with PHT.

One theory may be that the PHT is doing something with caching or leaving the player up-but-hidden in case you were to click play again. Just a guess, but it is doing SOMETHING that makes the server believe it is still player, so the Indigo plugin won't be able to do much of anything with improving the status updates. I would suggest switching to another client if you relish immediate feedback, at least for the time being.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:32 pm
RogueProeliator offline

would suggest switching to another client if you relish immediate feedback, at least for the time being.

For what it's worth, the web client is pretty darn good and responsive to showing status updates...

Posted on
Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:57 am
DaveL17 offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
This is looking directly at the server's published information and the same that updates basically instantly for Roku and Chromecast clients, so this is an issue with PHT.

Could be a simple oversight by the PHT dev team. I'd suggest notifying them here: PHT Forum
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:06 pm
oliverjhudson offline

Hi,

I had the plugin working perfectly (apart from the PHT issue mentioned above) but just recently, it's stopped and the event log is showing:

[code] Plex Media Server Manager Debug Command queue has 1 command(s) waiting
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Processing GET operation: /status/sessions
Plex Media Server Manager Error An error occurred executing the GET/PUT request (Device: 119936980):
Plex Media Server Manager Error Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkRESTfulDevice.py", line 201, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
responseToREST = conn.getresponse()
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 996, in getresponse
response.begin()
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 397, in begin
version, status, reason = self._read_status()
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 361, in _read_status
raise BadStatusLine(line)
BadStatusLine[/code]

Every time the plugin polls the server.

Indigo: 6.1.4
PMS: 0.9.12.9

running on two different machines, both Yosemite. I tried re-installing the plugin but I suspect it's due to a PMS update.

Anyone able to help?

Posted on
Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:17 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I'm running on v0.9.12.8 and things are polling okay, though to be fair it is with a new version of the plugin. If you made a big jump in versions, might check the "Secure Connections" field in the server settings (under Network) and be sure it is not set to Required. The latest version of the plugin in development supports secure connections... working on requiring authentication on the local network but this is a PITA because you have to talk to the Plex servers, NOT the local server, to get the login token.

You might also turn debug to High and let it run one status check to get more details.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:48 pm
oliverjhudson offline

D'oh. :oops:

It was the secure connections option. It was indeed set to 'required' and now it's back to 'preferred', all is working as it should be.

Thanks! Amazing plugin, btw – works like a dream :D

Posted on
Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:09 pm
RogueProeliator offline

It was the secure connections option. It was indeed set to 'required' and now it's back to 'preferred', all is working as it should be.

Thanks! Amazing plugin, btw – works like a dream

Awesome, glad you got it working -- actually glad you had this issue as I can now test it out and trap that to give people a meaningful error as opposed to the network error and trace that you saw. Glad you like the plugin -- this new version is almost done once I get full authentication working.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:32 pm
jcearlock offline

I'm on the latest version. Getting the errors below. I've tried it with logging in and without and with security on and off. I get the same error in all cases. Thoughts?

Reloading plugin "Plex Media Server Manager 0.8.17"
Stopping plugin "Plex Media Server Manager 0.8.17" (pid 69799)
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Stopped trigger: 538502708
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStopComm for Jamie's ipad; ID=73163436
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStopComm(Jamie's ipad): 73163436
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStopComm for Living Room FIre Stick; ID=167087951
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStopComm(Living Room FIre Stick): 167087951
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStopComm for Master Fire Stick; ID=1606151681
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStopComm(Master Fire Stick): 1606151681
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStopComm for Monster; ID=318562558
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStopComm(Monster): 318562558
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStopComm for Plex Xbox One; ID=1336870546
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStopComm(Plex Xbox One): 1336870546
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStopComm for Plex-Jason's Plus; ID=939060706
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStopComm(Plex-Jason's Plus): 939060706
Stopped plugin "Plex Media Server Manager 0.8.17"
Starting plugin "Plex Media Server Manager 0.8.17" (pid 69817)
Plex Media Server Manager Initializing RPFrameworkPlugin
Plex Media Server Manager RPFrameworkConfig.xml not found at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFrameworkConfig.xml, skipping processing
Plex Media Server Manager Customizing MenuItems.xml
Started plugin "Plex Media Server Manager 0.8.17"
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStartComm for Jamie's ipad; ID=73163436
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStartComm(Jamie's ipad): exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not unicode
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStartComm for Living Room FIre Stick; ID=167087951
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStartComm(Living Room FIre Stick): exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not unicode
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStartComm for Master Fire Stick; ID=1606151681
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStartComm(Master Fire Stick): exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not unicode
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStartComm for Monster; ID=318562558
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStartComm(Monster): exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not unicode
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStartComm for Plex Xbox One; ID=1336870546
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStartComm(Plex Xbox One): exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not unicode
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Entering deviceStartComm for Plex-Jason's Plus; ID=939060706
Plex Media Server Manager Error exception in deviceStartComm(Plex-Jason's Plus): exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not unicode
Plex Media Server Manager Debug Registered trigger: 538502708
Plex Media Server Manager Your plugin version, v0.8.17, is current.

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:23 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Plex Media Server Manager RPFrameworkConfig.xml not found at /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFrameworkConfig.xml, skipping processing

This is your issue causing all the others -- the plugin is not able to read it's configuration file... did you rename it possibly before installation? Otherwise, could be a permissions issue I suppose. You may want to browse the directories (via Finder) to see what part of the path is different than expected. That may give us a clue.

Adam

Posted on
Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:04 pm
jcearlock offline

I found the issues. I had to different copies of the plug installed at some point and it was causing a conflict. After I removed both instances and reinstalled it seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:45 pm
Sharek326 offline

I had the plugin working prior to the update but i am getting the following error

Plex Media Server Manager Error Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 852, in deviceUpdated
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Plex Media Server Manager-2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkPlugin.py", line 606, in deviceStopComm
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: (1715727549,)

I can't seem to get it to connect to the server anymore with either secure or non secure methods