Smappee Gas and Water

Posted on
Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:08 am
AndyVirus offline

Smappee Gas and Water

Hi Autolog,

Hope you are well!
My Smappee Gas and Water sensor has been delivered today!

I think this is the API for the new Sensor as it defines battery, value 1, value 2 (gas water), Temperature and Humidity

{
"serviceLocationId": 1,
"sensorId": 4,
"records": [
{
"timestamp": 1457597400000,
"value1": 11.0,
"value2": 2.0,
"temperature": 226.0,
"humidity": 41.0,
"battery": 100.0
}

https://smappee.atlassian.net/wiki/disp ... onsumption

Would this additional sensor be a trivial update to your smappee plugin or is is more in depth than that?
Im just using the Gas (optical) sensor as my meter is outside but the water is inside (I wonder if i can have 2 on 1 account).

I will try and dig out my old script that can wget the values and shove that into a variable (like i do for my Parrot Flower Powers). Ill post that if your interested.

Andrew

Posted on
Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:28 am
autolog offline

Re: Smappee Gas and Water

I am actually working on this plugin at the moment but have broken away from the coding to reply to your post. :D

I hope to have a new version out within a week (or less) that should support this.

I have a Smappee Gas and Water sensor on order as well but it hasn't turned up yet.

Posted on
Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:18 am
autolog offline

Re: Smappee Gas and Water

Ok, it is going to be slightly longer than a week because the first way I tried to implement it wasn't the best way. :?
I am now implementing it as a generic sensor (rather than a specific Gas or Water sensor) where you can specify the units to be measured e.g. kWh, Litres, Cubic Metres, Cubic Feet etc. :)

I got slightly sidetracked by working on solar costings (see other post) :wink:

I am still waiting for my sensor to arrive should hopefully be within 2 weeks which will make testing the changes easier.
The plugin should support multiple sensors (each with two inputs). Each input (or channel) will be managed by an individual Indigo device.
So if you had two sensors, you could have up to four Indigo devices etc.

Another change is that I have renamed the plugin to just Smappee rather than Autolog Smappee to follow suggested standards. Once I have released this new one I will retire the old one.
This means in theory that you could run both alongside one another - might allow for easier transitioning.

As a taster, here are a couple of dialogues:

The dialogue below shows a couple of Sensors that can be added (using simulated data):
smappeeSensor.png
Smappee Sensors
smappeeSensor.png (19.78 KiB) Viewed 2510 times

This shows the Configure Sensor dialogue:
smappeeConfigureSensor.png
Smappee Configure Sensor
smappeeConfigureSensor.png (52.6 KiB) Viewed 2510 times

Page 1 of 1