Help with 3rd party plugins

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:57 pm
aauno offline

Help with 3rd party plugins

Hi All,
New user. So far I've tried Z-lock manager and Sonos plugins, without success. Help requests have gone unanswered. I would like to try the Pioneer, Harmony, myQ, and Plex plugins. My question is do they work??

It's a little frustrating since support is done by volunteers.

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:11 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Help with 3rd party plugins

aauno wrote:
New user. So far I've tried Z-lock manager and Sonos plugins, without success.

The lock manager is a Indigo dev plugin so I'm surprised you haven't heard back because Jay and Matt are R E A L L Y good about keeping up on support requests that are for them specifically. On the Sonos plugin I don't use that but I know plenty do without issue, did you detail your problems and send screen shots or logs to demonstrate the problem?

aauno wrote:
Help requests have gone unanswered.

Indigo is the platform but 99% of all the plugins on this site, including most of what you are asking about, are written by folks like me that do it for free and in their spare time and choose to share it. As a result we don't always get to answer questions in a speed that may be acceptable to your level of need.

aauno wrote:
I would like to try the Pioneer, Harmony, myQ, and Plex plugins. My question is do they work??

Yes they do, all of them. I've only played a little with the Pioneer plugin but I didn't see anything that made me think it doesn't work.

aauno wrote:
It's a little frustrating since support is done by volunteers.

Only plugin support. If you have a problem where Indigo doesn't work then I can assure you the devs will be right on it.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:16 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I was just poking around your support requests for the lock and for Sonos, one thing I noticed is that on one post you got a LOT of support and on another you tagged onto a post that was nearly a year old so it fell on deaf ears.

I suggest starting a new topic in the lock category and detail as much as you can what your issue is and I bet people will chime in.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
The lock manager is a Indigo dev plugin so I'm surprised you haven't heard back because Jay and Matt are R E A L L Y good about keeping up on support requests that are for them specifically. On the Sonos plugin I don't use that but I know plenty do without issue, did you detail your problems and send screen shots or logs to demonstrate the problem?

Incorrect. The Z-Wave Lock Manager plugin is by howartp - who is usually quite responsive to support requests. I'm also somewhat surprised that Nick hasn't replied about the Sonos plugin - he also usually gets back to people when they post. Are you sure that there's no response at all?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:36 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

jay (support) wrote:
Incorrect. The Z-Wave Lock Manager plugin is by howartp

Oops, I was thinking about the built in lock z-wave plugin.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:45 pm
howartp offline

I hold my hand up to not replying to Aauno.

I had flu at the end of November which knocked me for six so I’ve barely been at my desk or on Tapatalk. It’s never fully gone away, and indeed I’ve been off work again the last two days with it.

I saw the original message arrive and read it but you can’t mark as unread so I forgot to go back to it.

I’ll be catching up with my plugin threads and messages over Christmas once I’m fit again.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 am
aauno offline

Sorry to hear you were not feeling your best. I'm just learning this system and I understand the need to be patience.

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:23 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry you've been not doing great as well. Rest up and recover – we'll manage without you for a bit longer!

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:12 pm
durosity offline

howartp wrote:
I had flu at the end of November which knocked me for six so I’ve barely been at my desk or on Tapatalk.

Bah! A bit of t’flu doesn’t knock a true Yorkshire lad. Back in day ya’d be down t’pit flu or no flu! Only time ya’d no be down would be because of t’consumption. And ya’d still be tryin’ to go t’work they just windt let ya!

(In all seriousness though get well soon!)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:35 pm
howartp offline

durosity wrote:
Bah! A bit of t’flu doesn’t knock a true Yorkshire lad.
Two years ago me and Dad were bedridden, ten times worse than now. Had to go to Docs as we’d reached our 7-day self-sickness period.

She sent us both back to work!

We had to use our own annual leave to stay at home poorly for another week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:05 pm
durosity offline

That’s awful! Sounds like a real Yorkshire doctor! Next time don’t take holidays and just man t’up :p

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1