Transfer from smartthings to indigo

Posted on
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:18 pm
Tashyface offline

Transfer from smartthings to indigo

Hi guys, I’m sorry if this has been asked before.
After browsing on fb tesla forum there are folk on there using indigo to control the house and the car. From my understanding you need a plug-in for the tesla, not sure. I’m not computer savvy. Is it easy to go from smartthings to indigo? I’m using zwave, do I need to exclude them from smartthings before I start with indigo. I have no experience with indigo at all, I’m told it is better than smartthings, is this right. Any advise or tips would be appreciated.

Posted on
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:43 am
howartp offline

Re: Transfer from smartthings to indigo

Welcome!

There’s a number of folk on here moved from Smartthings to Indigo and most will tell you good things of Indigo.

I seem to recall discussion of a Tesla plugin but it’s not made it into the (brand new) plugin store if it exists. I’m a Leaf driver and there’s a plugin for that.

If your Zwave network is already using a compatible ZStick then in theory you can just plug it into Indigo and start adding the devices without excluding them - though I’m sure folk are usually told you’ll need to exclude/include so maybe there’s something I don’t know about Smartthings that changes this logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:32 am
durosity offline

Hello!

Here’s the link for the Tesla plugin - can’t say I’ve had the luxury of using it myself (I have a Renault Zoe EV) but certainly other seem to use it successfully:

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=17728&p=150424&hilit=Tesla#p132530

As for the Z Wave stuff yeah I believe you’d have to unpair your existing devices and re pair them with a new Z-Stick that’d work with indigo. How many devices do you have?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:38 am
CliveS offline

You can find the Indigo Tesla plugin at http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=182&t=17728#p132530 but as I have not won the EuroMillions lottery again this week I have not tried it.
I had a "Smartthings" and could not get on with it, tried several other software products and they were also too complexed for me to grasp until I found Indigo.
It actually worked for me running on a Dell 6420 laptop with Mavericks installed (Hackintosh), that was just over a year ago and now using a 2012 Mac Mini and learning more each day (learning I have a love/hate relationship with python).
The first few months finding your way around is the worst and then gradually it all starts to come together, python is not required as someone usually has a plugin to do most things and if you get stuck then just ask as this is a place were you get friendly, free advice.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:02 am
DaveL17 offline

Although it's probably not a factor here, I feel compelled to add that Indigo Domotics doesn't guarantee that Indigo will run nor do they guarantee support for installations on non-Apple hardware.

My advice is to start small and work your way up. Stick to the standard Indigo features until you get your footing. You can do a remarkable amount of things when combining the elements of the system--devices, schedules, actions, triggers and variables. As said, adding Python is not necessary, but it does in many respects make the system limitless. (Avoid using AppleScript if possible as that's on the way out.)

I was never on SmartThings. I came to Indigo from MCV Vera and have never looked back.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:38 pm
Different Computers offline

I came over from the awful SmartThings and would be happy to discuss the process. The biggest thing I made a mistake with is that I thought I HAD to use ST to remove each device from ST's z-wave interface, which meant removing each thing from every single smartApp they were in in ST. Really the most tedious thing.

But I found out after that once you have your z-wave interface configured in Indigo, it can exclude ANY device, even ones it has not previously included! This would have turned about 5 hours of ST work into about 15 minutes of Indigo work.

The other tip I have is that the ST forums are the best place to get rid of Zigbee sensors. You might even be able to straight up trade them for z-wave devices. I did.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1