How to cast a webpage from indigo?

Posted on
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 pm
steinis offline

How to cast a webpage from indigo?

Is it possible to cast a webpage/controlpage to my tv(Chromecast) from Indigo?

Know I'm using Home Assistant to do it but maybe Indigo can do the same. I use it to cast weather, temp etc to my bedroom tv in the morning:)

Posted on
Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:24 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: How to cast a webpage from indigo?

Forgive me as I don't own an Chromecast.

Can it display a web page? Can you install Android apps on it?

Edit: OK, I looked up what they do. Seems like if you can permanently set an android device to cast to the CC, then you could install DomoPad on the Android and have it show on your TV.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:08 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Is it possible to cast a webpage/controlpage to my tv(Chromecast) from Indigo?

Nothing native -- there are a few options... you can use one of the Google sample apps to display a web page with a few modifications, but nothing too point-and-click.

Edit: OK, I looked up what they do. Seems like if you can permanently set an android device to cast to the CC, then you could install DomoPad on the Android and have it show on your TV

That would work - you would set the Google Home App to mirror the screen then have DomoPad display a control page. A small bonus there is that Indigo could then change the control page displayed. However, I don't know that it would automatically reconnect in the event of a power outage. A minor pain point, I guess.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 am
steinis offline

Thanks for answer.

Im only looking for å solution to cast a webpage for example a control page to my tv, no need to control anything from it.

What is a google sampling app, is this something we have in Indigo?

This is the most importen WAF I have in my system:)

Posted on
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:37 am
Different Computers offline

Just in case there's an easier answer: Is there any other device attached to your computer that can easily display a web page? If not, it might be easier to add some Android device with an HDMI out as a new source.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:28 pm
steinis offline

no sorry, the tv is not connected to anything else then the chrome cast. But I can use the Home Assistant until I find a solution with Indigo or maybe just have everything in HA:P

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:34 am
RogueProeliator offline

What is a google sampling app, is this something we have in Indigo?

This is the sample Chromecast receiver project that I've heard of people customizing to show a web page. Basically, they replaced the text message display on the receiver with an iframe showing a set URL (if I remember correctly). This would need to be done outside of Indigo, obviously, but could pull up the Indigo control page as the URL to show.

https://github.com/googlecast/CastHelloText-chrome

Adam

Page 1 of 1