Best Indigo-compatible thermostat?

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:10 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Best Indigo-compatible thermostat?

I had the Insteon thermostat and I loved it - each and every time I replaced it when it broke after a year. It was then I went with Nest and I've been really happy with that choice. I considered a Z-Wave but I was after aesthetics too, so Nest won. The plugin is rock solid - but like another poster said you need to make sure the system is compatible.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:49 am
NoellEagan offline

Hi..i am a new user here. As per my knowledge Z-Wave thermostats which are AC powered working out-of-the-box with Indigo, without any tweaks needed by a custom device definition. Battery powered thermostats are a different story since we have to define exactly how/when Indigo should send commands to them but most of those we have working now via custom device definitions.

one-stop pcb
Last edited by NoellEagan on Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:58 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

That sums it up correctly. Wired in normally work without a definition (although we have several included to show config settings UI and make small tweaks), and for the battery operated we have most of the popular ones now covered with definitions and so they work correctly.

Posted on
Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:59 pm
Minot offline

Hi All - Happy New Year!

Did anyone ever get the ZTS-500 Remotec thermostat working with Indigo? I really like the look, but not sure if it works with Indigo.

I have a nice few days this week to work on my HA system and have to replace 5 thermostats that have no C-wire. I have 7 total thermostats, but the 2 with C-wires were replaced with Nest.

I'm trying to decide between the 2 previously mentioned thermostats:

Remotec Technology's ZTS-500
https://smile.amazon.com/Remotec-ZTS-50 ... at+battery

GoControl Thermostat
https://smile.amazon.com/GoControl-Ther ... at+battery

Thx all!

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:38 pm
rhanson offline

Bump...

Anyone have any news to share about other ZWave thermostats than the ones listed on the compatibility page? GoControl, the Remotec, etc.?

Posted on
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:37 pm
kwijibo007 offline

I’ve had some experience with the Remotec 500. It works really well from Indigo’s side. Reliable and responds quickly.

Using the controller from the actual device (changing temp / turning on/off) is frustrating. It’s really finicky and difficult to navigate.

It chewed through batteries until it was hard wired. That may have been the polling I had configured though.