Is device online? Plugin - is there one?

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:29 am
Busta999 offline

Is device online? Plugin - is there one?

I know with a certainty that this will exist.

But cannot find it.

I have a series of C1 Foscam cameras that I want to ensure are up and running.

I am using the awesome Foscam HD plugin but that does not detect when they drop off line.

So I am thinking about plugging the cameras into some spare Lightwaverf sockets and if I can test, with a ping, if they are offline, then I can force a reboot by cycling their power.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Mike

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:04 am
Asconasny offline

Re: Is device online? Plugin - is there one?

Something like this maybe?

https://github.com/jheddings/indigo-netdev

Asconasny

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:32 am
autolog offline

Hi Mike,
Busta999 wrote:
... I am using the awesome Foscam HD plugin but that does not detect when they drop off line.

Thanks for the kind comments re: the plugin's awesomeness - I am not sure I would elevate it to those heady heights but the feedback is appreciated. :D

The plugin should detect when the camera goes offline by changing the camera state to no ack.
Have you got status polling enabled and if so what value have you got it set to? I have mine set at 5 seconds.

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:11 am
Busta999 offline

autolog wrote:
Hi Mike,
Busta999 wrote:
... I am using the awesome Foscam HD plugin but that does not detect when they drop off line.

Thanks for the kind comments re: the plugin's awesomeness - I am not sure I would elevate it to those heady heights but the feedback is appreciated. :D

The plugin should detect when the camera goes offline by changing the camera state to no ack.
Have you got status polling enabled and if so what value have you got it set to? I have mine set at 5 seconds.

The plugin is awesome because I am using iCamPro to monitor the cameras and send alerts to iOS devices when movement is detected. Works OK but I have no way to trap motion outside in Indigo.

I am posting the rest about the Plugin in the Foscam HD forum - keeping things tidy :-)

Page 1 of 1