Schlage lock enrolled but shows incorrectly

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:34 pm
Will_Gaherty offline

Schlage lock enrolled but shows incorrectly

I'm a newby and I don't program in python which is, I now know, highly limiting. I have discovered that you have to be pretty sophisticated and persistent to do some things I hoped would be plug and play. But I'm persisting with what can be done without that.

Anyway, I have a small z-wave setup with a recent upgrade to Indigo 7, with a few loads and thermostats that work fine, but two problem nodes:

1) A Schlage 469nx z-wave lock that enrolled fine on the server but showed the wrong status (not opposite, but does not change when the lock is operated by keypad or key) so it seems it did not actually functionally enroll. Thinking it might help, I added the lock plugin, and as soon as I did, it switched the status message to "no ack". Based on another post, I figured out I did not have an encrypted connection. Have deleted and re-enrolled the node several times, but so far it has never successfully enrolled with encryption. NWI enrollment is successful only about 10% of the times. Any suggestions?

2) A ZTS-110 thermostat (battery mode) that shows as enrolled on the thermostat's display, and a corresponding gap in node numbering on the server (I have 10 nodes, and adding new ones adds them to the end of the list and does not use node 6, which is the one it keeps trying to use it to set up; when I installed the lock, it was added as node 10), but attempting to get it to show on the device list on the server fails to find the thermostat.. I have another ZTS-110 that works fine. Any suggestions?

Posted on
Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:25 pm
srkinard offline

Re: Schlage lock enrolled but shows incorrectly

I had to put my Z-stick into a USB extension cable and get it within 30 feet direct line-of-sight of my Yale lock to get the encryption to actually work...it wouldn't work relaying though other devices.

The encryption 1st sync was just tough to get completed...once done, it's solid.

Posted on
Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:17 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Schlage lock enrolled but shows incorrectly

srkinard is correct on the Schlage in that getting them to include with encryption can be troublesome in some cases. The behavior you described (it ignoring the commands) is what occurs when it isn't included/sync'd with encryption enabled (the lock just ignores the commands). The Gen5 Z-Stick is more reliable including the locks, but even the older Z-Stick will work but you might have more range issues. You can try adding a module or two that support routing and beaming between the Z-Stick and the lock, or worst case you can uninstall the lock from the door just for inclusion so it can be near your Mac.

Regarding the ZTS-110, what specifically do you mean by it failing to show in the device list? Is it the sync that is failing? If so, then copy/paste the Event Log window contents into a reply showing the sync. Since the thermostat is battery operated the problem might be that it is going to sleep. You might also want to try temporarily moving it to the Mac (like the lock) just to get it sync'd and defined.

Page 1 of 1