Theatre Scene help .

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:41 am
Vaxpilot offline

Theatre Scene help .

Hi Folks, New on board and hoping to get some guidance. I've just started using I7 on trial basis and I am certain to be getting the Pro version.
I am by no means as technical as most of the people on this board but I've some experience with HAI /UPB systems -toying around over the years.
Currently I've got a RA2 backbone along with, motorized shades, energy detective and a DSC alarm which I am really happy with. The ability of I7 to tweak these is amazing.
The intent is to go head first into Zwave, adding door /window sensors, zwave scene switches and multi sensors.

Where I'm a little stuck:

I want to create a scene that dims lights , turns on AV receiver, projector and then drops the screen.
The problem is that there does not appear to be zwave to infrared converter and hardwiring this scenario is just not practical now.
The lights is a no-brainer, there is even a plugin that should work with the Marantz receiver, Its really at the projector screen that I get stuck.

I am aware of the remotec zxt 120 , Does it have this capability? It appears to be designed for AC units but states that it is good for other devices.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:38 am
Coolcaper offline

Re: Theatre Scene help .

There's also the Global Cache iTach devices that can help you out here along with the Cynical Cache plugin.
http://www.globalcache.com/products/itach/
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8559

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:21 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Or if you use a Harmony Hub Remote to control everything (including the screen), my HarmonyHub plugin will do it from Indigo.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Vaxpilot wrote:
I am certain to be getting the Pro version.

You definitely will - Indigo 7 only comes in one version (Pro) now... ;)

I would have mentioned the two things already mentioned. I just got a Harmony Hub - haven't tried integrating with Indigo yet, but I've been pretty pleased with setup/use so far. Next weekend I'll try the plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:41 am
col offline

My harmony hub does exactly what you want including dropping the screen at the touch of a button,I haven't tried the plugin but will be soon.

I had the Itech but it was too problematic, I would say the harmony hub is the best way to go as others in the family can use just one remote for everything.

Posted on
Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:56 am
Vaxpilot offline

Thanks for the responses, this really is a great board.
The hub looks like a cost effective solution too. I haven't looked at it in quite some time and pictured an oversized remote.
One of the drawbacks I see is it doesnt do RF. My understanding is that ir has limited range and needs line of site. Does that sound right?
My screen does both rf and ir.

Posted on
Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Vaxpilot wrote:
Thanks for the responses, this really is a great board.
The hub looks like a cost effective solution too. I haven't looked at it in quite some time and pictured an oversized remote.
One of the drawbacks I see is it doesnt do RF. My understanding is that ir has limited range and needs line of site. Does that sound right?
My screen does both rf and ir.

A couple of thoughts on IR range after getting my hub up and running this weekend. First, the IR blaster built in to the hub is extremely powerful - enough to get rebounds off of walls. Second, it has 2 IR emitter ports, and the hub comes with a single emitter which also seems quite powerful. The ports are 2.5mm rather than the more standard 3.5mm, but monoprice makes an inexpensive adaptor. This opens up lots of other emitter options. I had a couple of the stick on dual-head emitters already so I just needed the adaptor. They work extremely well so far.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 am
Vaxpilot offline

Okay, took a look at the Harmony but it seems there are a few options. Are we talking about the hub alone (controlled by smartphone) or
a conventional remote? Secondly, and I apologize for my newbieness, I assume that Indigo talks to the hub via IP, is that right? Or is the home hub extender
required ?

Posted on
Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:21 am
FlyingDiver offline

Vaxpilot wrote:
Okay, took a look at the Harmony but it seems there are a few options. Are we talking about the hub alone (controlled by smartphone) or
a conventional remote? Secondly, and I apologize for my newbieness, I assume that Indigo talks to the hub via IP, is that right? Or is the home hub extender
required ?

You need one of the Harmony setups that include the "Harmony Hub" product. It comes stand-alone for use with a mobile device, or with a simple remote (Companion) or with a fancy remote (Elite, I think).

Yes, communication between the Hub and the Indigo HarmonyHub plugin is via IP.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1