Solutions for Dishwasher Water Shutoff

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:48 pm
Dlucas10 offline

Solutions for Dishwasher Water Shutoff

Hello!

I'm building a home theater in my basement. I'm trying to think about everything and one thing I'm thinking about is having the ability to turn the water off at the dishwasher if water is detected. I looked at supported devices for water shutoff values and I see Indigo supports the FortrezZ. Is there any other ones that are supported? Has anyone done anything similar? I believe I could shutoff the water as it comes into the house, but I'm trying to get closer to the end of the line so less water is leaked out when a leak is detected.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Dave

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:12 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Solutions for Dishwasher Water Shutoff

If you put the shutoff at the feed to the house, you only need one (well, two in my case, but that's a long story). If you put them at the end of the line, you'll need them on every line. Dishwashers can leak, washing machines can leak, water heaters can leak, etc, etc.

I have two of the FortrezZ units.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:25 pm
Dlucas10 offline

Thanks for your input, Joe!

How many water sensors do you have throughout your house?

Posted on
Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:27 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Hmm. Six, sort of. Dishwasher, Ice Maker, Refrigerator, Washing Machine. Plus the two that are directly connected to the water valves, which cover the utility sink in the garage, the water heaters, and the big water filters. I probably should get more for under the sinks.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1