Elgato eve

Posted on
Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:17 am
WarmCat offline

Elgato eve

Hey,
Just got a couple of Elgato eve devices to try out, the eve room and one of the plugs. These work great from the elgato app, remotely (thanks to AppleTV).
I also have a lot of LightWaveRF stuff and heatmiser for heating.
I'm considering indigo, to bring everything together. Hoping to also bring HomeKit support to my LightWaveRF and heatmiser stuff (I've noticed there's 3rd party support).
My question is, is there any way to integrate elgato eve with indigo?
Thanks in advance,
Wayne

Posted on
Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:27 am
durosity offline

Re: Elgato eve

To the best of my knowledge Elgato haven't produced an API for their products to allow 3rd party integration beyond HomeKit support. That said it'd be lovely if they did as they do make some interesting devices, but as there's not even a peep from them stating they're considering it (like so many companies do.. i'm looking at you ring.com ) so i doubt it's gonna happen.

If you are interested in Indigo though you could easily get alternatives to the Eve devices that work with Indigo then add them using HomeBridge.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:43 am
WarmCat offline

I'll look at alternatives and read into how well the homebridge works. Hopefully I can still ask siri, "how hot is it in the living room?", or "what's the temperature at home?", rather than a very specific phrase.

Posted on
Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:17 pm
durosity offline

I've been using homebridge for a long time and I've found it very stable.. @webdeck has done a grand job with it. Indigo 7 is due out soon and there seems to be a big upgrade coming for HomeBridge integration which I'm hoping will plug the last few gaps that it doesn't support (like Alarm system integration)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1