Indigo 7

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:31 pm
autolog offline

Re: Indigo 7

I have just installed Indigo 7.0.1 on my production (Z-Stick) & development systems (ZME_UZB) and as a test I have done a z-wave sync of my Qubino Flush Micro Dimmer (ZMNHDA) and both re-syncs worked OK with no problems. :)

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:33 pm
durosity offline

matt (support) wrote:
Hmmm.. and nothing will sync? Try unplugging the Z-Stick and waving it around a few times before reinserting it :evil: .

No joy on that, but manually unpairing and re-pairing has done the trick (although it has resulted in me waking the wife with a loud crash and although I didn’t quite make out everything she said I seriously think I’m sleeping on the sofa tonight.)

Only problem here is I have a lot of modules to do in rather inconvenient to access locations. I might try turning off all the power tomorrow and rebooting the whole house in a kinda Jurassic Park kinda way. Except instead of velociraptors I have to contend with chavs trying to nick stuff from my garage.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:40 pm
Indy_Larry offline

@jay @matt congrats on the new release. I'd say now go spend time with the family but I now how new releases go...... :P
I just purchased the upgrade, thanks to everyone who has been working to get this out the door.

Larry

Insteon, Z Wave, Hue, Sonos

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

My guess is that your Z-Stick got into a bad state before the upgrade. Not bad enough that you couldn't communicate with the modules, but bad enough that the "assign to route" command doesn't work which is required for a resync. Then you updated and Indigo told you which modules needed to be resync'd (most likely just so Indigo can read in config parameters that are now defined in the device definition). Then upon resync you discovered the Z-Stick was in a bad state and all the syncs failed (and apparently require an exclude/re-include). That is my best guess at this point... please keep us posted on how the resync's go.

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:43 pm
autolog offline

durosity wrote:
... although I didn’t quite make out everything she said I seriously think I’m sleeping on the sofa tonight.)

What's left of it ! :D

I am off to - - - > bed

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:44 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks everyone for the upgrades and feedback! We are thrilled to finally get this out the door!

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:46 pm
durosity offline

OK I decided to throw caution to the wind and powered off the whole house and back on again. So far so good.. all modules appear to be syncing.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:47 pm
durosity offline

(And not a single velociraptor in sight. Perhaps they were hiding. Clever girls.)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:15 pm
Bollar offline

durosity wrote:
No joy on that, but manually unpairing and re-pairing has done the trick (although it has resulted in me waking the wife with a loud crash and although I didn’t quite make out everything she said I seriously think I’m sleeping on the sofa tonight.)

Oh get real. We all know you're not going to sleep tonight. :P

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:26 pm
shrxman offline

Way to go Matt and Jay! So Santa Claus came early this year! I'm off in Shanghai for work, so will need to pretend not to be distracted at the office all week! I enjoy my trips to Shanghai and all, but I7 is out! Can't wait to get started :-))

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:30 pm
durosity offline

Bollar wrote:
durosity wrote:

Oh get real. We all know you're not going to sleep tonight. :P

No probably not. Seriously though all this extra work.. Matt & Jay should pay ME. ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:24 pm
Coolcaper offline

Congrats gents!! Just in time for me to move my installation to a dedicated MacBook Air! :D Now off to get my credit card!!

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:19 am
bento offline

Any one knows how to subscribe to Indigo Up-to-Date program ?

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:39 am
durosity offline

You'll get that option in 12 months after you've bought indigo 7. :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:14 am
bento offline

In my case I've bought Indigo on February 2016 an Indigo 6 Pro licence.
It means that now I have an Indigo 7 licence (lucky me) with up to date program active until the end of May.
How to renew it since I only have 7 month pending in the program? I'll have to pick that option a few days before the expiration ?