Insteon, Indigo, Hub Pro, Homekit and Watch OS3...

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:32 pm
nclemmons offline

Insteon, Indigo, Hub Pro, Homekit and Watch OS3...

Long time Indigo user.

I have the latest version of Indigo running on a Mac Mini. I also have a Hub Pro from Insteon that I recently installed to give me access away from home as well as on my Apple watch. Thus far, Indigo and the Hub Pro seem to work fine together. I am doing no scheduling with the Hub pro, only Siri voice control, out-of-home device control and ideally Apple watch control. With the release of IOS10 on our phones and Watch OS3 on the watch, we now have a new native Home App on both devices. I'm using an Apple TV v4 as the bridge to connect the internal devices for external access when I am not on local WiFI and everything works great on my phone.

I am able to get the Home App on the phone to read the profiles from the Insteon Hub Pro and those show up and are controllable. So I can use either the Insteon+ app or the Home app or the Indigo App on my phone to control things.

But I cannot control the devices from the Home app that is native on the watch. On the phone, all devices show up and work. On the watch, devices show up but the tiles say 'unavailable' with no way to use or diagnose.

Wondering if anyone else has tried this and seeing a similar issue?

Thanks for any help or experience you might be able so share.

neil

Page 1 of 1