List of supported Z-Wave light switches/Vera integration.

Posted on
Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:43 pm
Vig offline

List of supported Z-Wave light switches/Vera integration.

Hello there,

Is there a list of supported Z-Wave light switches that will work with Indigo? I purchased couple of light switches apparently are not supported by Indigo, so I am stuck with them unless I use Vera which brings me with another question - is there an easy way to bridge Indigo with Vera products if yes which version of Vera product the integration is supported, that way I may just buy Vera and link it with Indigo.

thanks,
Vig.

Posted on
Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:50 pm
srkinard offline

Re: List of supported Z-Wave light switches/Vera integration

There is a built-in Vera Bridge plugin that will allow the Indigo system to add devices from within Vera...this is how Indigo can support Z-Wave locks.

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=100

If you don't already have a Vera, I would suggest spending the money on different switches and maybe sell the ones you have...the Vera Bridge has a bit of delay. I used my Vera Lite this way for a short time as I migrated to Indigo. Now that all my devices are in Indigo...I don't use the Vera. I'll probably keep it just in case I ever add locks to my system, but I don't know.

Posted on
Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:12 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The supported devices list has a decent list of devices that we know work with Indigo. It's not complete though because a lot of devices that implement the Z-Wave classes fully/correctly will just automatically work. I'm a bit surprised that your switches don't work, though if they are actually scene/zone controllers then that's likely the issue since Z-Wave doesn't really have a good standard way for those to work and each vendor implements them differently.

The Vera Bridge plugin supports locks, on/off switches and dimmer switches.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Vig,

Can you do the define/sync again and copy/paste the Event Log results into a reply for me. What specific make and model are the switches? And can you describe how they do not work (errors in the Event Log, incorrect UI showing, etc.)?

Posted on
Tue May 03, 2016 7:41 pm
Vig offline

I have bunch of VRCS2-MRZ switches throughout the house, couldn't get them working with Indigo, then I read somewhere on the forum that they were not supported. I will give it a try again and post the "debug" messages. thanks.

Posted on
Sun May 08, 2016 11:01 am
Vig offline

Works!! I am able to control both switches in the controller. Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:54 pm
gjreid73 offline

Is there a raw packet that can be sent to the VRCS2-MRZ to enable the switched load on one of the switches? I've had this switch installed for 1.5 years, but have been unable to turn the load on/off once I pair to our Z-Wave network and Indigo. I want to control a remote load with the top button, and use the bottom button to control the built in switched load. It is very frustrating that this functionality still isn't available in Indigo. We added this switch during a remodel to gain control of our kitchen lights from a 1-switch box that we cannot change the size of. 1+ year for full support of the switch is a long time, and we cannot turn off the load and maintain the Indigo remote functionality. Luckily, they are LED under cabinet lights, so we've been okay to just leave them on.

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:59 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We do still have on our request list to get one of these in-house so we can test and fully support it.

The instructions on how to includes these are confusing (and not targetted to using a home control hub), but it looks like you first press/hold both buttons to put it into scene inclusion mode, then you can press/hold the individual buttons to include those. Point being, it might be possible to include it into Indigo as more than one device. So reset it, then try adding a new device in Indigo and putting Indigo into sync mode then press/hold both buttons on the VRCS2. After that finishes and you sync, try creating another new device in Indigo and press/hold the first button on the VRCS2 to see if it includes again as a new node (and again sync). Then try repeating again for the second button. I'm not sure if that will work, but it is worth experimenting with.

Page 1 of 1