Z-Wave Set Config Parameters

Posted on
Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:45 pm
canalrun offline

Z-Wave Set Config Parameters

Hello,
I am looking at a Z-Wave GoControl bulb that allows configuration parameters to be set.

Parameter 1: Dim Level Memory
By default, the LB60Z-1 bulb will go to full brightness when turned on. To have the bulb turn on to the last dim level setting, set Parameter 1 to 1.

Parameter 9: Dim / Bright Step Level
When the brightness is adjusted by the controller/gateway, how much the bulb brightness will change is set by the programmed dimming step level.

Parameter 10: Dim / Bright Speed
When the brightness is adjusted by the controller/gateway, how fast the bulb brightness will change is set by the programmed dimming step speed.
Example: If Parameter 9 is set to the default value of 1, setting Parameter 10 from 1 to 10 will equal the number of seconds it takes to dim down the bulb when the bulb is turned off, i.e. 1 equals 1 second for the bulb to dim down and turn off, 10 equals 10 seconds for the bulb to dim down and turn OFF.

How does one set parameters?

I would image in Devices double click a device, press the Edit Device Settings button, but none of my current devices seem to have anything configurable.

Is it possible?

Thanks,
Barry.

Posted on
Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:17 pm
canalrun offline

Re: Z-Wave Set Config Parameters

Thanks All. I found it.

Interfaces-Z-Wave-Modify Configuration Parameter...

I guess my current devices don't have config params.

If I use this Modify on the GoControl bulb mentioned above, i will get a value back when I fill in a device, index and press Read?

Barry.

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:41 am
howartp offline

Yes, correct.

Press read and make sure the value looks like what you're expecting - if it does, change it to what you want and press write.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:16 pm
thatdamncat offline

Did you ever get this working?

I have several LB60Z-1 bulbs and one of my minor gripes with it is the fade out when you turn them off. The official installation manual lists the config parameters in the original post, but from my experiments setting 9 and 10 has no effect and they stay set to 0.

I haven't been able to find any way to get support from Nortek to ask them this question.

Posted on
Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:31 pm
canalrun offline

I purchased "Go Control" bulbs from Amazon, but they kept sending me some other manufacturer's bulbs that happen to have the same part number. The other manufacturers bulbs did not support fade time or instant off. After sending back the wrong bulbs twice, I just gave up.

Barry.

Posted on
Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:26 am
thatdamncat offline

Barry, what was the other manufacturer?

"LinearLinc" by any chance? That's what my bulbs are. As far as I can work out, GoControl is a Nortek product line. It looks like the bulbs I have were released in about Dec 2014. The Amazon page I bought from clearly says "GoControl from Nortek" (https://www.amazon.com/GoControl-Z-Wave ... B00PJH16UC) but the bulbs are in LinearLinc boxes with LinearLinc branding on them.

I suspect I've been sent the older model, which didn't support this functionality.

Posted on
Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:06 pm
thatdamncat offline

Another update: I returned 4 LinearLinc bulbs and Amazon sent me 2 LinearLinc and 2 GoControl. :?

See below:
IMG_4331.jpg
IMG_4331.jpg (132.66 KiB) Viewed 3295 times

I tried setting parameter 10 on one of the GoControl bulbs and it didn't work. There's no error, but setting the parameter has no effect. When I retrieve the value after setting it, it always returns zero.

There goes my theory about the two bulbs actually being different (as the packaging and branding led me to believe).

Anyone successfully been able to reduce the fade time for a LinearLinc/GoControl LB60Z-1??

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:39 pm
canalrun offline

Thanks. That's good information.

The same thing happen to me when I ordered from Amazon. I was sent LineaLlinc bulbs instead of GoControl bulbs – twice.

I was only going by the documentation I found on the GoControl website that they supported parameter 10. I never actually received a GoControl bulb to test with.

I just gave up, however, and I'm suffering with the fade-out in my Domitech bulbs.

This is interesting – there must be a warehouse full of older version bulbs that they need to get rid of before newer version bulbs might appear.

Barry.

Posted on
Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:46 am
DaveL17 offline

I received LinearLinc branded bulbs from Amazon too (Firmware 5.08). My tests confirm what others have said.

- The LinearLinc does support parameter 1 (Dim Level Memory).
- The LinearLinc does not seem to support parameters 9 (Dim / Bright Step Level) or 10 (Dim / Bright Speed).

You can read parms 9 and 10, but not save to them:
Code: Select all
   Z-Wave                          retrieved parameter 9 value: 0 (size 1)
   Z-Wave                          device "Linear Line Test LED Bulb (LB60Z-1)" parameter 9 changed to 1
   Z-Wave                          retrieved parameter 9 value: 0 (size 1)

Z-Wave                          retrieved parameter 10 value: 0 (size 1)
   Z-Wave                          device "Linear Line Test LED Bulb (LB60Z-1)" parameter 10 changed to 1
   Z-Wave                          retrieved parameter 10 value: 0 (size 1)

You can read other parms too (for example 11, 29 and 111) but you can't save to those either. I have a note in to Nortek tech support and we'll see if they say anything interesting.

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1