Zigbee/wink Intergration

Posted on
Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Zigbee/wink Intergration

Actually, Lock (specifically, Z-Wave security protocol) support was hung up because of the Z-Wave certification process with Sigma. Nothing has changed on the certification front, but there have been some other avenues to the security protocol that have surfaced that we're looking in to. No ETA.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:42 pm
roussell offline

I've had my eye on Wink for a while. Today I noticed an article where they've expanded their API to include local control of lights and locks. Is anyone working on a plugin yet?
http://blog.wink.com/wink-blog/2016/2/10/local-control-now-available-for-wink-compatible-lighting-products

Jay, is this more interesting to you, and perhaps closer to a viable feature request now that local control is possible for (guessing) zwave and zigbee locks?

Terry

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:24 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That article doesn't mention API control, only that their app now talks directly to the hub. The last time I (briefly) looked at their API, it was RESTful with an OAuth token (which would require connection to their website to obtain the token). All communications were done through their cloud. According to the comments on that article, it doesn't appear that that's changed unfortunately.

Of course, anyone is more than welcome to integrate the wink via their cloud-based API - it looked at the time to be pretty thorough.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn