Leviton 2 and 4 button controllers

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:55 am
joel.snyder offline

Re: Leviton 2 and 4 button controllers

OK, thanks for the update! Is there any good source for developer's documentation for these things? My Google Fu has not turned anything up, but I'd be happy to add it to the plugin if there's already a framework in place... but without knowing what command stream to send over, I'm sort-of lost.

Joel (jms@Opus1.com)

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:08 pm
egclrich offline

Joel - to get this to work, do the following...

From the top menu in Indigo...

Interfaces
Zwave
Manage Associations

Then select your controller.

You can then add devices to each of the four buttons.

Switches work but they do send 4 commands each time a button is pressed (as others have noted). Would be ideal if this could be corrected but still works.

Hope this helps.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:17 pm
joel.snyder offline

Thanks for the pointer. Yes, but that's not exactly what i wanted. What I want is for the buttons to generate a command that will show up on Indigo, which I can essentially use as a trigger to make something else happen. I don't really want to directly associate the buttons with devices, because then it's just Zwave->Zwave and I'm not taking advantage of the Indigo. Also, in this particular case, I want to control Insteon lights :-)

Thanks for diving in!

Joel

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:04 am
howartp offline

Joel, what egclrich said is nothing to do with direct association.

He’s guiding you through associating all four buttons with Indigo (your Zwave Controller).

Once done, buttons 2-4 will behave same as Button 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:17 am
howartp offline

Sorry, just ignore my last post completely!

I’m confusing another thread with this one, and I’ve only just read your URL link above.

I’m confident I can get Scene activation working next week.

(Matt, if you’re watching this thread, can you tweak the Default associations for Leviton devices per the URL above? I don’t think you handle Scene activation yet so I’ll sort that)

Peter

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:12 am
joel.snyder offline

Cool and thanks for the reply. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
I'm a programmer and engineer by trade, so diving in and adding/fixing/extending code is not particularly hard.

Joel (jms@opus1.com)

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:56 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

howartp wrote:
Matt, if you’re watching this thread, can you tweak the Default associations for Leviton devices per the URL above? I don’t think you handle Scene activation yet so I’ll sort that

Are you just referring to having Indigo auto-add associations for all 4 groups (not just the first)? Can definitely do that...

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:58 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Joel,

Can you re-sync the module and copy/paste the Event Log results into a reply for me? I'd like to see details about what capabilities it is reporting. Also let me know specifically which model VRC* you have. If you have more than one different model then please re-sync (and show results) of each.

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:07 pm
howartp offline

Hi Matt.

Yep, it looks like all Levitons need all groups associating to the Controller.

Levitons also need scene_conf commands setting but I’ll handle that.

Posted on
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:48 pm
joel.snyder offline

Guys: Thanks for taking a look at this. I will attach the debug as a file rather than putting it in-line here in the forum.

This is a GE VRCZ4-M0Z, a 4-button controller. Note that they have an S4 and a Z4, which they call "Scene Controller" and "Zone Controller."

This one has 5 rocker switches: 1-4 (each with an LED) and the 5th is an up-down rocker, presumably to change brightness if you were using it in a vanilla Z-Wave configuration where each button is associated with a device individually.

In this case, I have manually set up the associations so that 1-4 are all associated with the Z-Wave Controller in the Indigo. Before I did that, only the 1st one was associated. I assume that this was done by Indigo when it was initially set up.

Thanks,

Joel (jms@opus1.com)
Attachments
controller-debug.txt
Debug showing setup, query, and button presses on device.
(17.7 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

Posted on
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:32 am
brettlid offline

Joel,

I've posted a plugin that works specifically for the Levtion VRCZ4. It configures all the scenes and buttons for you and defines events to use with triggers.

Zone-Scene Handler Plugin

Posted on
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:14 am
joel.snyder offline

Thank you! I am out of town until the 4th, but will check it as soon as I get back and let you know of any issues. Thanks again! Joel

Posted on
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:20 am
joel.snyder offline

I tested this and it works well with the controller.

I can see that the controller seems to be a little promiscuous---Indigo reports receiving 4 copies of the incoming event!

Has anyone out there found a "programmer's manual" for the Leviton controller? Maybe there's something I can do to shut it up or control the LEDs better...

Thanks for the update & the plugin!!!