Fibaro dimmers and switches reliability

Posted on
Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:32 pm
Turribeach offline

Fibaro dimmers and switches reliability

I have around 13 Fibaro dimmers and switches in my home and I seem to experiencing a high failure rate. So far I had the following devices fail (year of failure):

Fibaro FGS-221 Double On/Off Relay Switch (2015)
Fibaro FGD-211 500W Universal Dimmer (2015)
Fibaro FGD-211 500W Universal Dimmer (2016)
Fibaro FGD-212 250W Universal Dimmer (2017)

That will indicate a 30% failure rate over 2 years, which seems very excesive to me. the last one to fail was a Fibaro FGD-212 which I only bought last year so this doesn't seem like a "bad batch" problem. When they fail they are basically unreachable from Indigo and even the light switch does not switch on the light, which seems to indicate it's a full device failure rather than just the wireless radio.

Has anyone seen Fibaro dimmers and switches failing like this? Luckily for me all of these have been bought at Amazon UK which with their excellent customer service means I get them refunded and I can order news ones. But I wonder if I should switch brands and go to something else... (any ideas or suggestions welcome)

Posted on
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:40 pm
howartp offline

Re: Fibaro dimmers and switches reliability

I've got 5 Fibaro eyeball sensors and probably 12 double switches (2x1.5kw)

No issues with any in four years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:54 am
kwijibo007 offline

I've been using several for about 2 years. All good, very happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:34 am
Scotfree offline

The Fibaro dual relays are awful, have been slowly replacing them all with Qubinos. I have had to fit mine with capacitors across the contacts because any sort of load (well below the 200w rated) will fuse the relay contacts together and it will need hit with a screwdriver to dis-engage and switch off. Luckily the Qubino DIN dimmers can be re-configured to become On/Off switches and they use the triac switching in the module to do this rather than a cheap and nasty relay.

Page 1 of 1