Indigo 7

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:46 am
durosity offline

Re: Indigo 7

I don't think they've published any info on how that'll work yet. I guess it's not as a huge priority as getting i7 out the door so give them a few days :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:28 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, we'll be sending out reminders several times before your subscription expires with instructions.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:24 pm
Mayhem offline

After getting my account locked out (must have been finger trouble due to excitement) I managed to get i7 down and installed.

All looked good but the RFXCOM has issues. It all looks good and initialises fine but the second you try and switch anything it issues a RFXCOM error.

I cloned the system disk before upgrading and have booted from the clone back onto 6 and all is working. I've reloaded the USB driver just incase and rebooted a couple of times.

Anyone else seen this?

Below is a snip of the trace from i6 and i7 there's a couple of lines difference between the two which I assume is causing me the issue.

Thanks in advance.

v6 Good

RFXCOM Debug Actions...TurnOff
RFXCOM Debug Turn LWAppliance Appliance/Dimmer Off (level 0).
RFXCOM Debug Address f0ee80
RFXCOM Debug housecode:2
RFXCOM Debug device type:LWAppliance
RFXCOM Debug device subtype:0 / Command:Off
RFXCOM Debug device level:0.0
RFXCOM Debug send x10 cmd: 10 20 0 0 240 238 128 2 0 0 112 (0A 14 00 00 F0 EE 80 02 00 00 70)
RFXCOM Debug sent "Den Up-Lighter" off
RFXCOM Debug processing: 4 2 1 0 0 (04 02 01 00 00)
RFXCOM Debug ACK Message ACK, transmit OK

RFXCOM Debug ++++++++++++++
RFXCOM Debug Actions...TurnOn
RFXCOM Debug Turn LWAppliance Appliance/Dimmer On (level 0).
RFXCOM Debug device subtype:0 / Command:On
RFXCOM Debug send x10 cmd: 10 20 0 0 240 238 128 2 1 0 112 (0A 14 00 00 F0 EE 80 02 01 00 70)
RFXCOM Debug processing: 4 2 1 0 0 (04 02 01 00 00)
RFXCOM Debug ACK Message ACK, transmit OK

RFXCOM Debug ++++++++++++++
RFXCOM Debug sent "Den Up-Lighter" on

v7

Not so good
RFXCOM Debug Actions...TurnOn
RFXCOM Debug Turn LWAppliance Appliance/Dimmer On (level 0).
RFXCOM Debug device subtype:0 / Command:On
RFXCOM Error send "Den Up-Lighter" on failed
RFXCOM Debug Actions...TurnOff
RFXCOM Debug Turn LWAppliance Appliance/Dimmer Off (level 0).
RFXCOM Debug device subtype:0 / Command:Off
RFXCOM Error send "Den Up-Lighter" off failed

Posted on
Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Download and try version 2.0.3 of the plugin which is linked to on the first post here. It works much better with Indigo 7.

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:51 am
Mayhem offline

Oops.. Sorry Matt. Didn't see this, have trouble keeping up with the plugin versions.

Thanks all sorted and working fine.

Cheers chaps..

:D

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:20 pm
ppoulos offline

Disastrous upgrade from Indigo 6 to Indigo 7

Yesterday with the release of Indigo v7.0.2 I bought an upgrade to Indigo 7 Pro and tried to install the upgrade. I currently have Indigo 6.1.11 installed on my late 2013 MacPro under MacOS Sierra interfaced with a Z-Stick S2, a CM15A X10 interface, and I use the Vera Bridge Plugin to interface with a Vera Edge. On every other upgrade (from v5-Pro to v6-Pro, etc) the upgrade always has gone seamlessly with all of my interfaces found and copied over, and my Devices, Triggers, Schedules, and Control Pages copied through.

So I was really surprised when I upgraded to Version 7.02... The CM15A module was not found, the Vera Edge Plugin did not connect, and the Z-wave Stick had to be reprogramed back into the MacPro. Not surprisingly only the X10 devices copied through - all other devices, schedules, and Control Pages were LOST. So I tried to go back to Indigo 6, but the server had changed. So I erased my Boot Drive and reloaded a earlier boot version from a Time Machine backup, and I am now running and functional again.

So what did I do wrong... or more precisely, did I assume wrongly that this upgrade should be seamless from the latest version of Indigo 6 Pro?

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:40 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

For the most part it should be seamless to upgrade (a few exceptions such as custom control page images and some scripts).

It sounds like Indigo failed to update your database file to the new Indigo 7 format, or it used an older version of the database file for some reason.

Additionally, the Indigo 7 install doesn't overwrite any of the Indigo 6 installation folder. So you should have been able to switch back to Indigo 6. The only trick there is you have to choose the Indigo 7->Stop Server menu item to first shutdown Indigo 7. You said when you tried to switch back to Indigo 6 the "server had changed." What specifically do you mean by that?

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:21 pm
ppoulos offline

The "server had changed", meaning that Indigo 6 is not compatible with the currently running Indigo 7 server. I did not realize that I could stop one and restart another.

You realize that I am now very gun shy... after that bad experience I don't want to have the same problem. I assume that Indigo 7 is compatible with MacOs Sierra and my current attached devices and plugins so I do not have to change or reprogram them - is that correct?

So it still does not make any sense why the upgrade when so bad so quickly. When I upgrade to Indigo 7 and it first runs, what can I expect it to ask me to set, start, or import to make the transition seamless, or when I run Indigo 7 for the first time will it resume the same settings as Indigo 6 and load without further input?

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:15 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The Indigo 7 upgrade works just like the Indigo 6, 5, 4 upgrades before it. It will copy everything from the Indigo 6 installation directory into the Indigo 7 directory and start up from there. It will leave the previous installation installed and functioning in case something doesn't go right.

We've had over a thousand upgrades so far and only one other upgrade had a problem (the user didn't store his database in the default location so there was some initial confusion about that). Other than that, I believe it's been quite smooth. I have no idea what went wrong with your installation.

I'd recommend restoring your Indigo 6 installation from a backup (you do have a backup, right?), make sure that it's running correctly, then rerun the Indigo 7 installer and watch for any issues - follow the upgrade instructions in the documentation. When you start Indigo 7 up, watch the Event Log for any errors or messages indicating there might be an issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:26 pm
johnpolasek offline

The only thing that my update did not do automatically was copy all my personal icons and backgrounds from the I6 library folder to the I7 one, but that's covered in the instructions... and I admit I never bothered to check whether the Vera plugin still worked or not because as soon as Indigo 7 was up, I excluded my door lock and multisensor 6 from the Vera and relocated them directly into Indigo.

Posted on
Thu May 25, 2017 6:17 pm
bento offline

Hello,

My Up-to-Date Subscription will expires on June 1st.
Am I supposed to receive a renewal link after the expiration ?
At this time no renewal option is available/displayed from my account.

Thanks

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 8:25 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It looks like we're not going to be ready by June 1st to accept subscriptions due to some issues with our payment processor. We'll make sure that anyone who expires while we're getting the backend working are covered and we'll post an announcement when we have more information. Nobody will have an expired subscription and no way to renew, we promise!

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 9:29 am
durosity offline

Ya know Jay, sometimes I think you guys don't want our money!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.