[Solved] Much Colder Statements

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:58 am
Richard offline

[Solved] Much Colder Statements

Dave can you confirm that the "Much colder " and "Today is forecast to be much colder than yesterday" is working correctly. It always says much colder and have confirm that today weather forecast should say the warmer statement. I am using the latest update version and also experience the same results running as far back on version .9.26 I know of. An as the weather has been getting colder at night, the triggers that used "Current Conditions - Temperature" Becomes Less that and Greater than have not been working. Any idea's I have not modify these trigger's and I have setup two test triggers) become less than -5 turns on a light in one room and ) becomes greater than -5 turns on a light at the other end of the house and neither is being triggered.

Thanks Richard

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:49 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Much Colder Statements

Hi Richard - I will have a look tonight and report back. I don't think I've noticed the same behavior, but that could just be that I didn't notice! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:35 pm
DaveL17 offline

In looking at the code governing the [warmer than/cooler than] statements, I found a couple things that I didn't like, either of which may have caused this to get "stuck" for you. I am testing the changes now and will post an updated plugin when that's done. The "Current Conditions - Temperature" triggers not working is a bit more troubling, as I'm not able to reproduce the problem. I've tried with both °F and °C test devices. Can you please go into your triggers and confirm that you're still keying off on "Current Conditions - Temperature" and not "Current Conditions - Temperature (Icon)"?

Thanks,
Dave

Posted on
Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:45 pm
Richard offline

Dave,

1) Download version .9.30 few hours ago, didn't change from colder to warmer statement still stuck on colder than.
2) I double check my settings to make sure temperature icon was not selected. Did more testing to try to figure out what's going on, here is what so far I found. If I select a temperature of 4 C and made two triggers one with "greater than" and the other with " less than" one trigger event will happen depending on my current temp ( good ), but if I change 4 C to anything minus lets say -4 C nothing happens on either one. Just a curious question on the "colder" or "warmer "statement does the plugin also could say "nearly the same"?

Posted on
Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:06 pm
DaveL17 offline

Alright, I can finally see it. Hang in there Richard; help is on the way.

Dave

Posted on
Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:53 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: [Solved] Much Colder Statements

I've just posted v0.9.31 which should fix this issue. Please let me know if that's not the case.

Dave

Page 1 of 1