[SOLVED]FALSE Daily Call Limit Reached

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:39 am
TheTechnoPilot offline

Hi Dave,

So I am having a lot of trouble with the plugin for the past six months, The issue, it is unable to make any calls to Wunderground via my API key and only kicks out in the log that the Daily Call Limit has been reached. This is simply not the case and in an attempt to fix the issue, I even just created a new API key for it which immediately gave the same error in your plugin. Even with debugging turned up to high, all I get in the log is that one line message.

Here is that error:
Code: Select all
WUnderground                        Daily call limit reached. Taking the rest of the day off.

Also please note that the plugin also fails to respond and Indigo errors any time I try to reaccess the plugin settings for the second time and need to reload the plugin to access them again (Indigo errors on this as well and force closes the plugin).

Here is settings access error:
Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.fogbert.indigoplugin.wunderground for request UiGetValues1
Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.fogbert.indigoplugin.wunderground for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client)                  runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

And here is the reload error:
Reloading plugin "WUnderground 0.9.21"
Stopping plugin "WUnderground 0.9.21" (pid 58633)
Error                           process (pid 58633) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now
Stopped plugin "WUnderground 0.9.21"
Starting plugin "WUnderground 0.9.21" (pid 58851)

Any help you could provide to get this back online for me would be extra appreciated as I do have a number of triggers and events that relay on this data.

Thanks in advance,
Sean

Android's Tasker, to a person who does home automation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:38 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: FALSE Daily Call Limit Reached

I am sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the plugin, and I'm especially sorry that the problem has been going on for so long! It seems to me that there might be a problem with the plugin's preferences file. Please try the following steps to see if it clears up the problem.

1. Ensure that the plugin is disabled.
2. Stop the Indigo Server.
3. Browse to this folder: /Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Preferences/Plugins/
4. Delete the file named: com.fogbert.indigoplugin.wunderground.indiPref
5. Restart the Indigo Server.
6. Re-enable the WUndergroung plugin.

Hopefully, this will get you righted. You will have to re-enter your plugin preferences, including your API key, but it will retain all of your weather devices and the things that link to them (like triggers and actions.) If this doesn't solve your problem, we can delve more deeply.

Again, sorry for the troubles. Oh, and please say hello to Montreal for me. It's truly one of my favorite places.
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:13 pm
TheTechnoPilot offline

Thank you so much for your help Dave, that solved the problem and I have my weather data back! Don't worry to much about the time it was down, I put some effort into it a number of months ago working with WUnderground because at the same time I lost access to my account online, which I only just finally solved and therefore traced the problem to the plugin and not my WUnderground developer account as my own AppleScript code I had written I discovered was still working and making calls.

Thankfully what you outlined fixed the problem instantly, I was almost at the point of removing and reinstalling the plugin which would have nuked a lot of what I had setup so thank you for making that not necessary!

Thanks again Dave!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Android's Tasker, to a person who does home automation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Posted on
Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:34 pm
DaveL17 offline

That's great news. I had hoped that this would keep you from having to rebuild anything.

Thanks for letting me know.

Enjoy!
Dave

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:49 pm
TheTechnoPilot offline

Re: [SOLVED]FALSE Daily Call Limit Reached

Hey Dave,

FYI, I had to follow this procedure again as v0.9.27 started throwing this error again suddenly (literally with continuous server uptime). I update to v0.9.33 without it solving the problem, wiped the pref file and I was back in business. Let me know if there is anything I can provide to help trace where this problem is coming from, I still have my old pref file available.

Cheers,
Sean

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:05 pm
DaveL17 offline

I truly have no idea what's causing this to happen. If you still have the old pref file in the trash, please PM me and I'll send you my email address and a couple of questions.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:03 pm
artpics offline

this also happened to me in the last 2 days i will delete the prefs file and keep you updated. :mrgreen:

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:07 pm
DaveL17 offline

Thanks. Please consider working with me offline so that I can investigate the prefs file issue.

And sorry for the hassles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:17 pm
TheTechnoPilot offline

Sure thing Dave, sending you a private message!

Posted on
Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:21 am
Chockymonster offline

I have the same problem Dave.
I've followed the steps and it's all good, I've saved the pref file if you want it.

Posted on
Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:51 am
DaveL17 offline

Chockymonster wrote:
I have the same problem Dave.
I've followed the steps and it's all good, I've saved the pref file if you want it.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for letting me know. If this issue persists, we can delve deeper.

Dave

Page 1 of 1