Precipitation forecasts

Posted on
Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:26 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Precipitation forecasts

Hi Richard - sounds like you might have a corrupted plugin preferences file. Please try these steps to see if it clears the error (don't worry, your devices, triggers, control pages and whatnot will not be affected.) Be sure to copy your API key before proceeding.

1. Ensure that the plugin is disabled.
2. Stop the Indigo Server.
3. Browse to this folder: /Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Preferences/Plugins/
4. Delete the file named: com.fogbert.indigoplugin.wunderground.indiPref
5. Restart the Indigo Server.
6. Re-enable the WUndergroung plugin.
7. Re-enter your API key and plugin preferences.

Hopefully, this will get you righted. You will have to re-enter your plugin preferences, including your API key, but it will retain all of your weather devices and the things that link to them (like triggers and actions.) If this doesn't solve your problem, we can delve more deeply.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:51 am
Richard offline

Ok I delete the file and there's no errors in the event log so I will cross my fingers for the 500 limit, but it didn't fix why the precip, qpf and the snow has all same reading I even try two different location and one of them was way across the province and still pulls all same reads on the hourly forecast. The 10 days forecast work perfect, the only thing I see different is and thats maybe how you have set it up is on the ten day description says pop, qpf and snow vs precip, qpf and snow for hourly.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 10.00.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 10.00.51 AM.png (13.87 KiB) Viewed 2478 times

Posted on
Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:08 am
Richard offline

Update delete the file didn't fix the 500 day limit now I have reached my limit again. I thought I saved a copy of an old version of the plugin before I had trouble but some how I must had deleted it. Dave is indigo setup that the plugin file folder can have previous versions of the plugins in it so a person can revert back to any certain version number by click on your link that states the version number he needs vs just downloading the current one ?

Posted on
Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:18 am
DaveL17 offline

Ok I delete the file and there's no errors in the event log so I will cross my fingers for the 500 limit,

Hi Richard - okay, that's good on the 500 error. That's just an internal counter to try to protect against actual overages. WU doesn't expose the number of calls through the API (I have asked them to add this feature) and this is the next best thing to a real count.

Regarding hourly QPF and snow, please post or PM the locations you've tried, as I'd like to look directly at the JSON return. Also, I want to confirm that you've applied the hot fix v0.9.23, as that corrects a prior mistake in the code relating to the two values.

There is every possibility that something is still not quite right, and I apologize for any hassles if that's the case. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:30 am
DaveL17 offline

Update delete the file didn't fix the 500 day limit now I have reached my limit again.

Dang. I believe that Indigo puts the old plugin file in the trash when it's updated. I also have most prior versions archived and can make a prior version available to you via Dropbox. Just let me know which version you'd like.

I don't think I've changed the code related to the counter for a long time, so I don't think that's the problem.

I'm not getting the error on either my development or production environments, so I unfortunately can't reproduce the error myself. It would also be helpful to get a full debug. You would need to repeat the above steps (to clear the counter data) and then turn on debugging. Be careful with posting the debug output as it could contain your API key and other sensitive information depending on your settings. It would be best to send that via PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:20 am
DaveL17 offline

DaveL17 wrote:
There is every possibility that something is still not quite right, and I apologize for any hassles if that's the case.

It seems I was right. I found a hitch in the QPF and Snow parsing for hourly forecast devices. Hopefully, this is now sorted. Here is an actual site that shows different values for precip, QPF and snow:

Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 5.58.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 5.58.31 AM.png (20.99 KiB) Viewed 2423 times

Hopefully, we're done with these troubles, and again sorry for any hassles. WUnderground Plugin v0.9.24 is the latest.
Dave

Posted on
Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:15 am
Richard offline

Yes the hourly forecast is work perfect but still have the problem with the 500 Daily call limit reached.

Posted on
Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:04 pm
Richard offline

Update: did the following steps again and so far everything now is good. So no news is good news, I hope I don't have to bother you Dave anymore but thanks again for your help in solving issue I had. 8)

1. Ensure that the plugin is disabled.
2. Stop the Indigo Server.
3. Browse to this folder: /Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Preferences/Plugins/
4. Delete the file named: com.fogbert.indigoplugin.wunderground.indiPref
5. Restart the Indigo Server.
6. Re-enable the WUndergroung plugin.
7. Re-enter your API key and plugin preferences.

Posted on
Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:09 pm
DaveL17 offline

Hi Richard. I was just going to recommend that you try those steps again. Glad to hear that things are settling down. :D Please don't hesitate to say something if things still aren't quite right.

Dave