Daily call limit reached

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2015 5:08 am
Richard offline

Daily call limit reached

Dave, I been reaching my limit way before the new day counter reset time. in V0.9.0 says

- New! The plugin now queries once per location rather than once per device (substantially reducing the number of API calls.) Note that the location information must be identical for similar locations in order for this to work. For example, a city name and its longitude/latitude are not the same..

in the log file report set to high says in one log cycle I have used up 4 calls / 500 is this a normal action I usually have my log set to off but realizing my weather data was not updating I turn it on to check why. I have my interval set for every 15 min. In the past my limit was OK so is the only fix to set it to 30 min now?

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2015 5:58 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Daily call limit reached

Hi Richard - a couple things may be happening here.

First, it's very important that all weather devices for the same location have precisely the same location information. If one location has a city name and another has an ICAO airport identifier or lat/long, it will be considered a second location by the plugin.

Secondly, I want you to log in to your WUnderground account, and take a look at the API usage statistics. I have 7 weather devices over 2 locations and average around 150-175 calls per day (with 15 minute refreshes.)

All that said, I haven't changed the call counter code in quite some time but that doesn't mean that there's not a bug in there! :D

Unfortunately, Weather Underground does not have a facility to receive the number of API calls through the API (I have suggested that) so I must try to keep track on the side.

Please let me know how you get on.
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2015 10:48 am
Richard offline

I have four devices and all have the same lat/long. If I looking at the right spot on API usage statistics here what I found for the month of May this chart. Ok I went back thru my logs and came up with
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 2186, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 1079, in parseWeatherData
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: a float is required

2015-05-13 05:39:05.786   WUnderground Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
2015-05-13 05:39:21.523   WUnderground Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Today with new download version

Code: Select all
2015-05-14 11:48:57 AM
  WUnderground Error              Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 2206, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 1085, in parseWeatherData
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: a float is required

WUnderground Error              plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 1.59.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 1.59.42 PM.png (34.15 KiB) Viewed 1716 times

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2015 11:13 am
DaveL17 offline

Okay, you are not using up your call limit at Weather Underground. That's good.

I'm not sure why you're seeing the error that you're seeing. This is perhaps a long-shot, but please go into each Weather device, open and save the device configuration settings (this isn't necessary for other device types) and see if that helps clear the error. The current device definition should not be looking for a float there.

Dave

[UPDATE]
Okay, I think I have it. I will be posting a new version of the plugin soon which should solve this issue. I believe it's another case of the API saying that it will send one thing, and then sending another instead.

There will also be a little surprise it the forthcoming update as well.

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2015 3:52 pm
DaveL17 offline

Hi Richard - I have posted an update which should address this issue.

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=12482&start=30#p96674

Cheers,
Dave

Page 1 of 1