Evohome - turning heat off

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:10 am
jrcitizen offline

Evohome - turning heat off

I have the Honeywell plugin setup and working with my Honeywell TCC (EMEA) account for my Evohome system. Mostly all good.

What I am struggling with is turning heat "off" via the plugin. Two issues:

1) The "Off" setting on individual thermostats via the plugin does not seem to work.

2) On the Evohome Wifi Controller, I have a Quick Action configured to turn all heating off (or can cancel this action, resuming individual thermostat controls). However, I am unable to send where either setting - either turning all the heating off, or cancelling the "all heating off" setting - is available in the plugin.

Has anyone else run into this? Is there a solution or is an update to the plugin required for these two settings?

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:11 am
neilk offline

Re: Evohome - turning heat off

The quick actions are at the system level, and you get to that from the "System Mode" Actions in the Honeywell/evohome actions, they match the Quick Actions in the App.

Evohome doesn't really switch a zone "off" apart from the Hot Water (it is on or off and set to the hot water temperature you set in the configuration mode).

The way I do it (and I think this is more like what you want to do) is use actions to manipulate the set point in one or more zones. If you use a set point of the minimum (5 degrees Centigrade) then the zone is effectively off, with some frost protection if it really falls below that. That gives you a little more granularity than the system wide actions (I haven't tried the custom quick action) but for example I treat our Guest room and study differently. The guest room changes set point based on a variable true or false toggled on a control page and the study heats based on motion on the DSC alarm as well as having a "working from home" variable and trigger that can pre-warm it and then turn it back at 6 if no motion detected.

Posted on
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:28 am
jrcitizen offline

Re: Evohome - turning heat off

The quick actions are at the system level...

Awesome - just the insight I was looking for!

I will try the system actions tonight as you suggested.

Page 1 of 1