Honeywell v0.1.0 Beta

Posted on
Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:55 pm
cjp767 offline

Honeywell v0.1.0 Beta

First off, thanks for this plugin! I am running v0.2.0 beta, posted on Oct 26, 2014. I have a Honeywell Prestige THX9321 Thermostat with the Honeywell's Redlink Gateway. My thermostat is older than the new wifi thermostats, but uses the Redlink Gateway to make the thermostat accessible from the internet (either the Honeywell smartphone app or the Honeywell website.) Since it uses the same Honeywell Thermostat control website as the newer models, your plugin seems to be working just fine. I haven't tested changing any settings yet, but the settings and current temperatures are reporting correctly.

I do however, get some error messages in the Event Log-- They look like timeouts from an unresponsive web site or possibly some subtle differences from a different model thermostat. Here are some messages-- thanks again for a nice plugin.

[Nov7], [Nov 7] 14:49:08
Honeywell Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 49, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 82, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 240, in get_all
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 290, in get_one
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: No JSON object could be decoded

Honeywell Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Honeywell Error Login Fail!

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 82, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 240, in get_all
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 290, in get_one
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode

Honeywell Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Honeywell Error Honeywell login [r1] error [attempt 0]: The read operation timed out

Posted on
Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:41 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Honeywell v0.1.0 Beta

I posted an update with even more careful error handling (v0.2.1). It is most certainly their website. They go through many unannounced maintenance cycles and it is frequently unresponsive. Hopefully something they will improve in the very near future.

Posted on
Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:46 am
montsharp offline

I have the honeywell Redlink gateway with 4 thermostats for 4 zones. Will this plug in work, and if so what do I need to do?

Posted on
Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:28 pm
Ian offline

Thanks for your work on this Plugin.

I am getting a similar message on my setup when I enable. In the configuration of the plugin. Are we supposed to be using the same ID as on the website access or the custom ID pasted inside the URL???

Honeywell Debug Getting Plugin Configuration Settings
Honeywell Saved Plugin Configuration
Honeywell Debug Thermostat: Thermostat, Enabled: True

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 244, in get_all
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 294, in get_one

Honeywell Debug Method: runConcurrentThread
Honeywell Debug Running Concurrent Thread

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 244, in get_all
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 294, in get_one

Honeywell Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or fa

Posted on
Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:20 am
nlagaros offline

It may work if you are able to use the Total Connect Comfort website successfully. Setup is pretty simple. The plugin configuration requires your Total Connect Comfort user id and password. Each device you create will require the device id that is in the url when on the Total Connect Comfort website. it is a five digit id that you will see when on the page that displays the thermostat for that zone.

I'm not sure if all the states are the same as the wifi model that I have, but please give it a try. If there is some tweaking of states that needs to be done, I can help once we verify that it is basically working.

montsharp wrote:
I have the honeywell Redlink gateway with 4 thermostats for 4 zones. Will this plug in work, and if so what do I need to do?

Posted on
Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:22 am
nlagaros offline

The plugin configuration should have your website authentication parameters (user id and password).

Use the five digit device id in the url when looking at a single thermostat on the Honeywell website for each device that you create.

Let me know if you need further help and I can create some screenshots.

Ian wrote:
Thanks for your work on this Plugin.

I am getting a similar message on my setup when I enable. In the configuration of the plugin. Are we supposed to be using the same ID as on the website access or the custom ID pasted inside the URL???

Honeywell Debug Getting Plugin Configuration Settings
Honeywell Saved Plugin Configuration
Honeywell Debug Thermostat: Thermostat, Enabled: True

Honeywell Debug Method: runConcurrentThread
Honeywell Debug Running Concurrent Thread

Honeywell Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or fa

Posted on
Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:16 pm
Ian offline

Thanks for your help

I am using the correct user ID and Password and checked it by logging on to the ......https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com....... site

I have 2 Thermostats 1 for summer and 1 for Winter (seperate systems ) but both connected to the gateway.

Here is the URL when I am logged into 1 of the systems.....https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/porta ... ntrol/4841

I dont see the 5 digit ID but I do see the 4 digit one (4841) which I tried as well as 04841.

so I have the User ID and password matched then under Device ID after I click "edit settings" I have 4841 a but am still getting the same error....however the plugin IS WORKING.

Just keep getting the same error in the event log

Thanks for your help again

Posted on
Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:56 am
nlagaros offline

I really wish Honeywell would release some type of API. it would make all this a lot easier! Nonetheless, I posted a small update to my wiki. Please give that a try. I added even more error handling.

Posted on
Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:02 pm
Ian offline

YA,...... That would probably help for sure, nevertheless, appreciate the work you have done.

That has eliminated that long error message and it is still working.

I am getting this though in the event log......not sure what it means or its affect.?

Honeywell Error Cannot decode JSON

Posted on
Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:38 pm
nlagaros offline

The message means that the Honeywell website returned garbage data. Basically, the state update will not take place rah time that happens.

Posted on
Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:47 pm
Ian offline

As you mentioned in one of your previous posts...this issuee is probably caused by a change in the Honeywell website. Version0.2.2 has been working well for me up until a few days ago when I started to get this message again.

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 300, in get_one
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 370, in update_data
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: ('latestData',)

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:42 am
nlagaros offline

Try logging on to the Honeywell website and acknowledging the user agreement. Then restart the plugin - this cleared the issue for me.

Posted on
Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:40 pm
fishmg01 offline

just wondering if anyone out there is developing a plugin for the Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostats, such as the RTH9580WF?

Posted on
Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:20 pm
jalves offline

The above post prompted me to re-enable the Honeywell plug-in on my setup. Sadly, its not working for me. I get the follow errors:

Code: Select all
Sep 14, 2015, 4:18:09 PM
  Honeywell Error                 Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 238, in get_all
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Honeywell.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Honeywell.py", line 166, in login
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 920, in request
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 957, in _send_request
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 914, in endheaders
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 786, in _send_output
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 745, in send
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 1122, in connect
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/ssl.py", line 338, in wrap_socket
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/ssl.py", line 120, in __init__
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/ssl.py", line 279, in do_handshake
<class 'ssl.SSLError'>: _ssl.c:478: The handshake operation timed out

Honeywell Error                 plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Page 1 of 1