Onkyo Zone 2 Device - Status Updates

Posted on
Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:27 pm
Albatros offline

Onkyo Zone 2 Device - Status Updates

Is it possible to create a Indigo Device an get the status of Zone 2 when it is on or off.

Or is there any other way to get the status. I know I can get the On status but not sure how to get a status update when it is put off.

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:54 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Onkyo Zone 2 Device - Status Updates

Is it possible to create a Indigo Device an get the status of Zone 2 when it is on or off.

You should be able to create a Virtual Volume Controller and assign it to Zone 2. This will track the volume of the zone as well as present an onOffState that you can check / trigger off. I don't use Zone 2 myself, but several others here do, so let us know if you run into issues tracking the state in that manner.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:22 pm
Albatros offline

Thanks, that works. From the Virtual Volume Control I can check if its on or nor.

Suggestion: would be nice if you could create a Indigo Reciever Device for zone two which would reflect the status of zone 2.

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:54 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Suggestion: would be nice if you could create a Indigo Reciever Device for zone two which would reflect the status of zone 2.

I don't really understand what that would get you that isn't already available in the plugin... It isn't its own device, but the status (on/off, input, and volume level) for Zone 2 is already reflected in the main receiver device's states (all named like zone2___). What would be gained by adding a separate device - did you have some specific ideas?

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:23 pm
Albatros offline

You are right. I din't quite figured out the the Zone2Poweronstatus in the device state. Now I got it and can use it.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1